Husqvarna 357xp hybrid build

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
10:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am not gonna comment on the saw, but I will comment on Psu Walsh comment. Us Cajun's or We Cajuns say hold my beer and watch this $hit ~!~!

Sometimes it works out good sometimes it don't ~~~ Plus Tard from Cajun Country ~!~!

or as another CAJUN said you can.jpg

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't wait to see how this turns out! I would love to put a 670 top end on my 2159

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
7:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The last step before bolting the muffler on. The top cover actually fits without any mods there. Hopefully there is enough clearance so it doesn't melt.
I'm using a 7/16" aluminum dowel as an anchor for the handlebar mount. It will fit snugly down the cylinder bolt holes, and with a 4mm hole tapped it will easily attach a small bracket to allow the spring a firm connection.
2016-05-13 03.49.01.jpg

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't wait to see a video! Had it been a huge pain? Or worth doing again?

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm using a 7/16" aluminum dowel as an anchor for the handlebar mount. It will fit snugly down the cylinder bolt holes, and with a 4mm hole tapped it will easily attach a small bracket to allow the spring a firm connection.
View attachment 22057
That is very clever!

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Oh it's ready to fire up, but I decided to get the muffler gutted now rather than after running it. The best match I could come up with is one of those miserable ms361 mufflers.
2016-05-14 00.38.54.jpg
I'm not trying to make excuses, but I've been struggling with a labral tear in my shoulder and I'll be having surgery soon.
I'm planning on running it tomorrow if I can get this muffler done in time.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh it's ready to fire up, but I decided to get the muffler gutted now rather than after running it. The best match I could come up with is one of those miserable ms361 mufflers.
View attachment 22094
I'm not trying to make excuses, but I've been struggling with a labral tear in my shoulder and I'll be having surgery soon.
I'm planning on running it tomorrow if I can get this muffler done in time.
And prying apart a 361 muffler isn't gonna help that shoulder
Heal quick

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just a thought, can you apply heat tape inside the top cover before its maiden voyage?

Great job BTW
I don't have any heat tape left. I'm not going to run it that hot at first, so I'll be able to tell if it will be a problem. I spent half last night gutting the muffler without splitting it or I'd have already ran it by now.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Stihl 046 piston, 357 bottom.
I'm glad I didn't do any port work to it until running it. I fired it up last night and it sounded like a saw that's been hopped up. My next step on it in the near future is to install a decomp valve so I don't destroy the recoil or my arm. It's literally like starting a Harley where you have to roll it over to tdc before kicking or it'll only pop one rotation and send you flying. The compression tester was still climbing at 180 but I couldn't pull any more.
I'll upload a video in a couple hours.