High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Local time
3:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a call. Want some wood? Duh. My son will be bringing it over in his trailer. Ok. It was a Bradford pear tree that a utility pole fell on. Never had wood delivered in a trailer pulled by a PRIUS!:jaja-no:It wasn't much but it was free.
20230426_173128.jpg20230426_173106.jpg

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice and clean and straight good access good score
PXL_20230429_190550113.jpgSadly some folks live by the moto better to ask forgiveness then permission. I spent a week hunting down contact info for the land owner and finally getting permission. Only to find out someone poached 95% of the tree. This is what's left.

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 375857Sadly some folks live by the moto better to ask forgiveness then permission. I spent a week hunting down contact info for the land owner and finally getting permission. Only to find out someone poached 95% of the tree. This is what's left.
I hate fuggin thieves.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
8:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 375857Sadly some folks live by the moto better to ask forgiveness then permission. I spent a week hunting down contact info for the land owner and finally getting permission. Only to find out someone poached 95% of the tree. This is what's left.
That sucks when you get there too have a good haul and this happens

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I won't touch anything on other peoples land with out speaking to them first. Talking to land owners or offering to clean up downed trees has gotten me access to close to 30 acres within a few minutes of my house.
I was cutting wood on near a intersection of two county roads . The land owner I cut for told new to pile all the wood on the side of the road . I ask him if someone would steal it? He said no . Every weekend I would go out there, cut and haul more wood to the road . I probably had 15 pickup truck loads piled on the side of the road. It sat there for 5 months before he picked it up . No wood was stolen! Once again , I feel sorry that you got screwed by a thieving p.o.s.

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 376009I have had good hauls off the properties I have available to me. This popped up in my Facebook memories from two years ago. Most of what you see was cut by @Wolverine with his ported 394 and a 42. Biggest saw I had at the time was a 7910 with a 32.

Wasn't sure if the wood was very big or the children were very small. My android brings up memories every day or two. Sometimes nice to look at them.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 376009I have had good hauls off the properties I have available to me. This popped up in my Facebook memories from two years ago. Most of what you see was cut by @Wolverine with his ported 394 and a 42. Biggest saw I had at the time was a 7910 with a 32.
That thing was a monster! Any idea how many cords that ended up being? My record was 5 for one tree.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 375837Guess I'll be getting into this big oak in the next day or so.
Was that next to a private or public road? If it was public here and on roads right of way, it’s a free for all. A young me, purchased state firewood permit, cut several pickup loads and was moving loads to my home, came back for second load after unloading first and wood had disappeared. Also liked people who would only take easy tops and leave trucks, some complained I just cut, split, loaded and laughed. Neighbor had 20 acres select cut and they left a mess, several people asked if they could cut firewood and he would ask, when and how are you going to do it. Stated I would come in when ground was frozen (some was on his lawn), pile brush (so he could burn when ground was snow covered), try to impact his property as little as possible. If I remember correctly, it was around 25-30 pickup loads and two 16 foot dump trailers full. I was only person allowed to cut and boy did I hear about that from others, guess they had a bad answer to his question.

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That thing was a monster! Any idea how many cords that ended up being? My record was 5 for one tree.
I honestly have no idea. I've never kept track of cords, just split and stack on the racks. There's still a row of splits stacked on skids in the woods up there from that tree.

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was that next to a private or public road? If it was public here and on roads right of way, it’s a free for all. A young me, purchased state firewood permit, cut several pickup loads and was moving loads to my home, came back for second load after unloading first and wood had disappeared. Also liked people who would only take easy tops and leave trucks, some complained I just cut, split, loaded and laughed. Neighbor had 20 acres select cut and they left a mess, several people asked if they could cut firewood and he would ask, when and how are you going to do it. Stated I would come in when ground was frozen (some was on his lawn), pile brush (so he could burn when ground was snow covered), try to impact his property as little as possible. If I remember correctly, it was around 25-30 pickup loads and two 16 foot dump trailers full. I was only person allowed to cut and boy did I hear about that from others, guess they had a bad answer to his question.
It was on the edge of posted land the trees beside it had sings on them. It's a public road but rarely traveled by folks that don't live out here. Maybe it is a free for all around here also if it's that close. I'm just not that guy. By getting ahold of the owner I've been given access to the whole property. So I'll make out well even though I missed this tree.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At another neighbors, beech, 10 cubic meters.

From this
IMG_20230427_144100.jpg IMG_20230427_144201.jpg

To this (just bucking, I did not split any rounds!) in three afternoons
IMG_20230501_161349.jpg

It was kinda urgent to get that spot cleared as he is expecting another log load.