High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You run that .404 yet?
I gave it a test run on my PS-7900, but nothing serious yet.
Kinda weird looking at those round teeth after becoming used to chisel, I'm curious to find out how these chains will fare.

The .404" B&C setup will become the main setup for my PS-7900 and as soon temperature drops and I catch up with backlogged work I'll be having fun in my recently delivered 11 cubic meter oak log pile with all my saws wearing various chains. :)

P1040115.JPG

I might be getting that special custom EXL loop soon as well, can hardly wait to get my hands on it. :cool:

IMG_0823.JPG

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here you go Wilhelm.
3/8 Oregon EXL chain
b89785f96dd2f749e837243c2bfcc3aa.jpg
7a160e2d49b87b8dae686b00702dc717.jpg
978ebc7b3921e26142dac0c9a720721b.jpg
dcfc2d9f327e79881738a6e5ab3de64f.jpg

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know, yet 3/8" Full House doesn't seem to be easily available.

Looking good, but I want as many teeth as drive links. :D
I think it has been tested before, Semi skip chain is faster than full comp. Clears chips better.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your right.
I was actually comparing it to the chain that Wilhelm wants. More cutters than regular full comp. chain.
But I also always refer to work chains, as I do not race any saws.
So as I generally speak, for work chains, 24" and larger, I think semi skip is a better choice. Generally speaking.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your right.
I was actually comparing it to the chain that Wilhelm wants. More cutters than regular full comp. chain.
But I also always refer to work chains, as I do not race any saws.
So as I generally speak, for work chains, 24" and larger, I think semi skip is a better choice. Generally speaking.

I'll get behind that. I wasn't talking about race chains either, just saying that if skip chain was faster, those guys would be using it as the basis for their chains. For a bar buried situation for a bar over 24" semi skip would be my choice. Mostly because of having fewer teeth to file.

On a side note, I think running that chain like Wilhelm wants (I've heard it called full house) is goofy. Way too much filing for me. But I have heard of successful race chains being made that way. BTW, Wilhelm, I'm not trying to spoil your fun. Just my personal opinion. If it makes you happy, run it!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have never seen any of this Full House chain in action, so it's tough to comment. But I am like you with the "less is more" mentality.
I did some personal testing with 28 and 32" full comp vs semi skip. Semi-skip was much better when bar was buried in hard wood. The less sharpening was the icing on the cake. Lol

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it has been tested before, Semi skip chain is faster than full comp. Clears chips better.

I'll get behind that. I wasn't talking about race chains either, just saying that if skip chain was faster, those guys would be using it as the basis for their chains. For a bar buried situation for a bar over 24" semi skip would be my choice. Mostly because of having fewer teeth to file.

On a side note, I think running that chain like Wilhelm wants (I've heard it called full house) is goofy. Way too much filing for me. But I have heard of successful race chains being made that way. BTW, Wilhelm, I'm not trying to spoil your fun. Just my personal opinion. If it makes you happy, run it!
That Full House (72DL with 72 teeth) will be a play chain and a conversational piece - it will not be utilized as an all round work chain. :)

I have never seen any of this Full House chain in action, so it's tough to comment. But I am like you with the "less is more" mentality.
I did some personal testing with 28 and 32" full comp vs semi skip. Semi-skip was much better when bar was buried in hard wood. The less sharpening was the icing on the cake. Lol
The Full House EXL I'll be getting is a 72DL/20" loop, that should help keep chip clearance issues at bay.

I am curious to see the loops performance myself. ;)

I generally don't mind filing my dull chains, all are full complement across the board.
But, I don't work in the field which makes it easier to comfortably file away in the shade with some background music.

Last edited:

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Friend of mine just purchased about 50 acres and is eventually going to put a few houses up. In the mean time he is selling and hauling the sand that he has to get rid of. So before the he clear cuts he is letting us take some wood out. Some of the nicest wood I’ve ever cut. Almost too nice. I had the excavator to use which is like cheating. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk