High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Everyday day man's tree work and cutting thread

CR500

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've seen a few back glasses knocked out from wood,that sucks.

Awesome thread! I just read it again.

I've been cutting trees the last few weeks steady and I found out that I'm not young anymore, the 395 and 066 are getting heavier I believe.

Cut 50 or so hickorys this week and man are they a bear to cut.
ported 562xp.....

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen a few back glasses knocked out from wood,that sucks.

Awesome thread! I just read it again.

I've been cutting trees the last few weeks steady and I found out that I'm not young anymore, the 395 and 066 are getting heavier I believe.

Cut 50 or so hickorys this week and man are they a bear to cut.
Thanks buddy. I like it here thread wise too. Brings us average, everday working guys together. 50 trees that's a busy week. I threw a Oregon reduced weight on my 395. Made a big difference. These bars are built better than they used to be. I'm guilty of prying out an undercut once in awhile:) I'm happy with it, Have me better balance, and not the nose weight. Better for a longer day.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Couple weeks ago, piece of our road failed. My friend came with his d-4 me with my 288. Two firs I fell, and we had to cut the mud, and soft spot from the road with the cat. Dam it won't post my pictures

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
9:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I threw a chunck thru the rear window of my 86 ford many years ago and was telling my ins. agent about it and he said "you've got glass coverage don'tcha, I said "yeah", He said "you didn't do it on purpose did ya" I said "no", he said then " then it's an accident we'll get you a new one".

John

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I threw a chunck thru the rear window of my 86 ford many years ago and was telling my ins. agent about it and he said "you've got glass coverage don'tcha, I said "yeah", He said "you didn't do it on purpose did ya" I said "no", he said then " then it's an accident we'll get you a new one".

John
Sweet John great insurance co. Mine will be hearing from me Monday.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still cutting firewood, and burning brush. Wishing I had a tractor.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Land owner here let me rent a dozer for a week. D5k, a friend and I cut roads for 7 days. Long hours but meter was running. Sun up Too sundown everyday. Underestimated all the down trees and stumps. We have had sudden oak death around here for about 15 years. It has created some havoc. I had to push trees and piles and trees for days. Couldn't imagine clearing it by hand. Did fall a few trees though in the process. Got the roads all roughed in, a few finished grade. Not our side though it was a little roughed product, due to all the downfall. But road goes clear to the top now, on this 40 acre piece. And some of the country we were working in was vertical, and unforgiving. Saw on deck was my trusty 288.

Attachments

• edited_0427161956.jpg
    edited_0427161956.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 70

Jose A.S.T.S.

#DoingtheWork!!!
Local time
10:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Normzilla love the thread man I would love to come out and cut with ya for a month just nothing better than running a saw in my humble opinion stay safe friend . I have had my own business doing residential tree work now for 2 yrs cleared trees for the power company for 6.5 no tree is the same I love it and have tremendous respect for my job and your always have your escape route planned.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Normzilla love the thread man I would love to come out and cut with ya for a month just nothing better than running a saw in my humble opinion stay safe friend . I have had my own business doing residential tree work now for 2 yrs cleared trees for the power company for 6.5 no tree is the same I love it and have tremendous respect for my job and your always have your escape route planned.
Hey thanks my friend. I really appreciate that. Congratulations on the having your own tree service. Something I have always pondered on, and wanted....

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been just beat and tired lately. No real work action, other than a few limbs and medium tree takedowns. Would do more pics, but some reason hard for me to load here.

DELETED (Struggle)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
In he last two weeks or so I have cut down several larger trees that had hollows in them and raccoons come out out the trees were down. In the past four years I had not seen anything come out of the trees and in two weeks three different times raccoons. I haven't been good on getting pictures as of late though.

Sent from somewhere