High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Everyday day man's tree work and cutting thread

metallic

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi Norm, do you have to buy your own saws or does the county buy them? How about the little things like sharpening chains or replacing parts? Is that your responsibility?

I know what you mean when you say that no two trees are the same. I do trail work in Massachusetts and it's amazing how many wierd things happen with these half-dead trees hanging over the hiking trails.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Norm, do you have to buy your own saws or does the county buy them? How about the little things like sharpening chains or replacing parts? Is that your responsibility?

I know what you mean when you say that no two trees are the same. I do trail work in Massachusetts and it's amazing how many wierd things happen with these half-dead trees hanging over the hiking trails.
The county buys all my supplies, saws chains parts etc. Vehicle. Of course my own time and sidework is my,own gear I bought. One thing I'm trying to work with county about. Is let the guys, and or crews who are running the equipment, have a say in the type of equipment, size brand etc. Instead of just buying bulk saw loads etc. Massachusetts is beautiful country I bet, what types of trees do u encounter most? Yes agreed all need to be sized up individually. Thanks for chiming in my friend.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I want to know is why Normzilla writes like he's been around a long long time but his wife looks like she's 19? What's up?

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I want to know is why Normzilla writes like he's been around a long long time but his wife looks like she's 19? What's up?
Lol! Don't let my grey fool ya:) just cause I stopped coloring my hair:) hey she's even a year older than me:)

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
12:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This was the pine from he'll.
Damn, that didn't leave any good options for an escape path...

I'm a bit like you. Born in KS, spent a lot of time growing up on a family friend's 1200 acre ranch in the Flint Hills of KS. Gt exposed to a lot of power equipment when I was young and not the greatest at any of it, but there's little I can't use at least decently. I always had a thing for saws which was amplified greatly when I visited my Great Aunt and Uncle North of Redding CA when I was 15. I spent time in the Rockies, but I'd never seen land that was so dense w/trees that there was no grass due to the canopy cover. I did a charity cut with them and the "Mountain" Lions Club and got exposed to saws that had names like Sachs-Dolmar, REAL versions of McCullochs, Homelites and Poulans and some BIG Stihls and Huskies...

Since then I've learned a lot about directional felling an steering with the back cut. I know precious little about blocking and rigging, but I am always trying to learn to add more tools to the mental toolbox for when nasty, ugly or dangerous trees need to be removed.
-Bryan

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn, that didn't leave any good options for an escape path...

I'm a bit like you. Born in KS, spent a lot of time growing up on a family friend's 1200 acre ranch in the Flint Hills of KS. Gt exposed to a lot of power equipment when I was young and not the greatest at any of it, but there's little I can't use at least decently. I always had a thing for saws which was amplified greatly when I visited my Great Aunt and Uncle North of Redding CA when I was 15. I spent time in the Rockies, but I'd never seen land that was so dense w/trees that there was no grass due to the canopy cover. I did a charity cut with them and the "Mountain" Lions Club and got exposed to saws that had names like Sachs-Dolmar, REAL versions of McCullochs, Homelites and Poulans and some BIG Stihls and Huskies...

Since then I've learned a lot about directional felling an steering with the back cut. I know precious little about blocking and rigging, but I am always trying to learn to add more tools to the mental toolbox for when nasty, ugly or dangerous trees need to be removed.
-Bryan
Good deal Bryan, sounds like good travels man. Yep I'm critical on back cuts, good faces, level etc. Pretty neat learning how to steer trees. Yeah rigging is a learning curve too. It comes to ya:) wife and. I rototilled for our garden today. Her new Echo rototiller, hungry little bastard. I'm impressed.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well the cutting man is tired this weekend. Been following behind the mowers at work, cutting for sight distance. Also a ton of storm down tree cleanup. Been some big ones again lately. Definatley a ton of saw time

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not quite the same but I'm the only house on an entire quarter section of ground. The utilitys crews came through across the road and took out 1/2 mile of tree row to open up the power lines. I have the pick of as much wood as I want. I was already spoiled and now it's within rifle distance of my porch... I have A LOT of cleanup to do in a short time. It's a mixture of Hedge, Oak, Hack and Ash. I'll try to take a pic later and post it.

rburg

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Norm do you still hunt hogs. I know you use to post some pictures of your dogs. If your wife wants a little larger saw, the 545/2252 is not too much heavier than the 435, but has quite a bit more power.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not quite the same but I'm the only house on an entire quarter section of ground. The utilitys crews came through across the road and took out 1/2 mile of tree row to open up the power lines. I have the pick of as much wood as I want. I was already spoiled and now it's within rifle distance of my porch... I have A LOT of cleanup to do in a short time. It's a mixture of Hedge, Oak, Hack and Ash. I'll try to take a pic later and post it.
Nice! I love the term rifle range. Have me a perfect visual on the distance. Good deal sounds like you got a nice spot! And a bunch of wood:)

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Norm do you still hunt hogs. I know you use to post some pictures of your dogs. If your wife wants a little larger saw, the 545/2252 is not too much heavier than the 435, but has quite a bit more power.
Indeed I do. Unfortunately not since last winter. Need to get them out. I miss it and been a rough year. We will be back:) thanks for asking. Thanks for saw input that sounds a good route. She's like me huskies the favorite:) now our spending is tapped out. But when. I can, plan on anothervsaw surprise. Thank you my friend:)