High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Everyday day man's tree work and cutting thread

DELETED (Struggle)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm lucky but sad to say I'm sitting at my table where just ten minutes ago I the cut living crap out of the top of my right form arm just behind my wrist. I was cutting dead limbs (small) out of an ash tree with my Silky hand saw. Man are they ever sharp. Once I went through my cut I was pulling not paying attention to my placement of my wrist and the saw came straight down on top of my wrist. I was in a lift by myself. I was able to hold on to the branches and get almost down until my wife showed up to unhook my fallout harness.

Blood was pouring out of the top of my arm. I was able to compress it myself cleaned it up and will get a couple more branches out of that tree and then I'm done at that job until I do the stump.

Did I mention wow are silky saws sharp. There is no tearing just slicing.

It was my fault as I was getting tired and shouldn't have had my hand crossed like that. I don't cut like that with the 201 but still shouldn't with ah and saw ether.

I have a bit of pain a few inches back from the cut but all fingers function properly. I would guess I hit a nerve or something.

Sent from somewhere

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
how deep is your cut i cut tendons and i could feel the pull near elbow and the tendons was cut at the back of hand i hope you didnt cut one of those and should get it looked at

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
tendons are a white rope looking thing and they shrink quick when i cut my hand they stuffed them in my hand 10 days later they had to reach up to wrist to pull them out

DELETED (Struggle)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I don't think it cut tendons but maybe knocked something. I have full rotation of my wrist and everything functions as it should. I have a kind of heavy pain when I tilt my wrist. Nothing is pulling to my elbow thankfully. I have heard about that happening and getting them pulled back I heard is extremely painful.

Sent from somewhere

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think it cut tendons but maybe knocked something. I have full rotation of my wrist and everything functions as it should. I have a kind of heavy pain when I tilt my wrist. Nothing is pulling to my elbow thankfully. I have heard about that happening and getting them pulled back I heard is extremely painful.

Sent from somewhere

they gave me a double dose of valium when they did my hand i cut both pinky tendons for right hand the 6 weeks of arm in sling was the worst part and not being able to pick up a gallon jug of milk only 10 to 15 degrees of movement in any of my fingers on right hand after the time in a sling

DELETED (Struggle)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well after bandaging the punchers up after a cleaning I went back to finish getting a few more dead limbs out of the tree. I was able to start the 201 but not able to hold it in a cut but able to hold small branches. I hurt right now but I only took a couple of Ibpouhrin. What bothered me the most was right after it happened is bold was literally pouring out of the punctures. Needless to say I have to wash the controls off on the lift tomorrow. I was scared I wasn't going to be able to get out of the lift if I couldn't keep pressure on it to stop the bleeding. I now have a large bandaid patch on it and it seems all good on not having blood running out of it. I'm in pain but I think I really got lucky. I was literally on the last 6-7 cuts and I was going to be done for the day. Fatigue had a large part in this. I just hope no long term recovery as I have well over two months of tree work to be done.

Sent from somewhere

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm lucky but sad to say I'm sitting at my table where just ten minutes ago I the cut living crap out of the top of my right form arm just behind my wrist. I was cutting dead limbs (small) out of an ash tree with my Silky hand saw. Man are they ever sharp. Once I went through my cut I was pulling not paying attention to my placement of my wrist and the saw came straight down on top of my wrist. I was in a lift by myself. I was able to hold on to the branches and get almost down until my wife showed up to unhook my fallout harness.

Blood was pouring out of the top of my arm. I was able to compress it myself cleaned it up and will get a couple more branches out of that tree and then I'm done at that job until I do the stump.

Did I mention wow are silky saws sharp. There is no tearing just slicing.

It was my fault as I was getting tired and shouldn't have had my hand crossed like that. I don't cut like that with the 201 but still shouldn't with ah and saw ether.

I have a bit of pain a few inches back from the cut but all fingers function properly. I would guess I hit a nerve or something.

Sent from somewhere
I'm so sorry buddy. Dam hope your ok. Yes sharp indeed.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've knocked a few down and had flying squirrels come crawling out. First time you see one up close it's like what the F is that!
Ive been into a few telco enclusures where those things make nests. Got into one yesterday. The little bugger jumped out landed on my shoulder then glided down. Bout pizzed myself.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing exciting lately. Just limbing mainly pole saw work. Did have a tree come down. We had to cut our job and run. County road was blocked. Dead tan oak came down through a pepperwood. Leamws on phone wires. We got it clearws, and away from overhead.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Coastal job the other day. Tan oak takedown, and for top cleanup and several large limbs. I was moving my friend and new climber is fast. Trying to get pics up.