Everyday day man's tree work and cutting thread

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In he last two weeks or so I have cut down several larger trees that had hollows in them and raccoons come out out the trees were down. In the past four years I had not seen anything come out of the trees and in two weeks three different times raccoons. I haven't been good on getting pictures as of late though.

Sent from somewhere
Bet you were both shocked:) my friend fell a few redwoods, as soon as they hit a brush patch, a group of wild pigs scurried out.

DELETED (Struggle)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The first one I didn't see as I was in a lift 25' up in the air. TALLGUY was there and he yelled at me as well as a others on the ground as it came out of the tree. The last one surprised me the most as it came out looked around went back in the tree then charged out of the tree thankfully away from me. I can't imagine the sight of seeing pigs running out of a tree.

Sent from somewhere

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The first one I didn't see as I was in a lift 25' up in the air. TALLGUY was there and he yelled at me as well as a others on the ground as it came out of the tree. The last one surprised me the most as it came out looked around went back in the tree then charged out of the tree thankfully away from me. I can't imagine the sight of seeing pigs running out of a tree.

Sent from somewhere
Quite a sight it is:)

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
More calls lately for saws. Trying to put a climber together, lost two old partners, one hip replacement. One unless jobs are in the thousands he doesn't want the work. Bill ropes one for the neighboor the other day, dead man second bull rope at the but, so it didn't roll off hill, on his lp tank.
FB_IMG_1466918159938.jpg

Last edited:

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
More jobs coming, trying to post more pics no luck.

odin

100% noodle arms
Local time
7:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
No worries, Norm. Seems everyone's having problems with uploading pics right now.

Sure do dig the stories. Pics or no pics.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Headed over the hill, for the coast. Some cypress widow makers. Hoping I can reach them with the silky. At work been the humanmower lately. County is behind on mowing. So the normal stuff we mow, willows and black berries. All been hand work lately. Been wiped out. I love cutting but,a mile of willows or berries different story:)

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
8:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In he last two weeks or so I have cut down several larger trees that had hollows in them and raccoons come out out the trees were down. In the past four years I had not seen anything come out of the trees and in two weeks three different times raccoons. I haven't been good on getting pictures as of late though.

Sent from somewhere

I've knocked a few down and had flying squirrels come crawling out. First time you see one up close it's like what the F is that!

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday, a widow maker removal job, turned into a falling job. Reached in the truck for a saw, all were buried with gear, except the 2101:)

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tree

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1469412228582.jpg
    FB_IMG_1469412228582.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 44

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always stay at the stump if I can to square up the corners my hinge. Get it all cut, when falling I run of course. This stump was no good of side turned out rotten, sawed up what I could.FB_IMG_1469412266290.jpg