High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Everyday day man's tree work and cutting thread

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
5:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I understand Norm. While I'm not doing this daily, for the last two days, I have been bucking, splitting and hauling Ash, Oak, Hackleberry and Hedge. Yesterday I bucked, loaded and unloaded (no splitting) an 18' car trailer with sides I fabricated out of spare Oak 2x4s and pine 2x6s. I probably only exceeded the 7K gross load limit by about 2-3K but I only had to haul it roughly 1/2 mile on blacktop, I wasn't worried about it. Today Dad and I assaulted the fence row with our MS201T, MMWS 346xp and muffler modded 562xp which carried the load after the 346 crapped out. I think I may have a bad carb or loose screws. Luckily one of My neighbors (who's family owns the ground) decided to make my life easier since I help him with harvest and lent me an early '80's C6500 with a 16' dump bed. Throwing the wood on was taxing, especially since I'm still healing from back surgery, but dumping it off at the end of the day was a God-send. I will have another dump truck or a dump trailer eventually. They're too nice not to own one.

Long story short, I am discovering that I'm neither 18 anymore nor fully healed and it was more than humbling to be getting taxed at a much slower pace than I used to...

Drptrch

Coastal Fartknocker
Local time
6:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey there Neighbor , great thread . I can attest to the wild weather and storm damage. You've been busy, no doubt.
I'm a 94952 'er. Bodega Corridor

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I understand Norm. While I'm not doing this daily, for the last two days, I have been bucking, splitting and hauling Ash, Oak, Hackleberry and Hedge. Yesterday I bucked, loaded and unloaded (no splitting) an 18' car trailer with sides I fabricated out of spare Oak 2x4s and pine 2x6s. I probably only exceeded the 7K gross load limit by about 2-3K but I only had to haul it roughly 1/2 mile on blacktop, I wasn't worried about it. Today Dad and I assaulted the fence row with our MS201T, MMWS 346xp and muffler modded 562xp which carried the load after the 346 crapped out. I think I may have a bad carb or loose screws. Luckily one of My neighbors (who's family owns the ground) decided to make my life easier since I help him with harvest and lent me an early '80's C6500 with a 16' dump bed. Throwing the wood on was taxing, especially since I'm still healing from back surgery, but dumping it off at the end of the day was a God-send. I will have another dump truck or a dump trailer eventually. They're too nice not to own one.

Long story short, I am discovering that I'm neither 18 anymore nor fully healed and it was more than humbling to be getting taxed at a much slower pace than I used to...
I just love the sound of that, assaulted yes! Dump truck, sure wish I owned one makes it so,much easier. Good story man. This last weekend got called out, in the storms. Saturday headed home, tree down another one. Arr! Wanted to get home. Got called out 10 pm, 530 on way home ran into thevtree, glad 288 was behind the seat. We had partially cleared a huge slude, and a rock the size of a ten wheel dump truck. Sunday I was chasing trees for the county. Got off, headed home, another one down across the road, what a long weekend. Called my friend, boss up there, I cut he pushed it off the road with the blade truck. I'm glad it has a ton of limbs.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That would be a fairly efficient way of destroying an average Peterbilt...

mcginkleschmidt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got my wife her, very own first saw. A husky 435, she already wants another and bigger saw. We just took down a large oak, leaning toward our trailer. Bull roped, and blocked it then pulled it. Nice my wife and I can do tree work together. I'll try to get picks up, but been having a hard time, picture posting wise.

I love it when wives get a chain saw. Four things a good wife needs, in no particular order, is a chainsaw, plow, broom and mop.

SteveSS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey there Neighbor , great thread . I can attest to the wild weather and storm damage. You've been busy, no doubt.
That zip code looked familiar, so I had to do some googling. I spent several years in 94592 (Vallejo), back before Mare Island Naval Shipyard was closed down. It was a great area to live. Go Niners!

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome my friend! Way cool a fellow local! I have to meet with a guy, in bodega in a day or two. Needs a takedown or two.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That zip code looked familiar, so I had to do some googling. I spent several years in 94592 (Vallejo), back before Mare Island Naval Shipyard was closed down. It was a great area to live. Go Niners!
Mcginkleschmidt Yes she loves her saw! Steve ss, way cool buddy, my cousin is in Vallejo. I've been to mare island as well.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm absolutely wiped out. Time change, plus going back on 4 ten hour days. Road up here fell apart this last weekend. My friend brought his dozer over. We reestablished ditch, and found the buried culvert. Two for trees came out. Thanks to the 288:)

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
0326161227a.jpg Did a job for a neighbor today. That whipped my ass. A oak uprooted one of the last storms. It fell in,the crotch of a big pepperwood. Had to cut it free, and pull the main log and butt, out with a rope. Rip and quarter round so I could load them.

Last edited:

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2098fbe396a5056246b2610d12b6a55e.jpg

1e12d561356136fcece0baed9acb2ed3.jpg

Last weekend, cousin had some junk pines he wanted down.

My bigger saws were in TN & NY.

The leaner went down after this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2098fbe396a5056246b2610d12b6a55e.jpg

1e12d561356136fcece0baed9acb2ed3.jpg

Last weekend, cousin had some junk pines he wanted down.

My bigger saws were in TN & NY.

The leaner went down after this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good stuff! Yeah junk pines:) had a few calls on those. Nice work buddy. I'm beat up today, but still Something bi love about cutting, always have.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And after that last job kicking my ass, a piece of wood shattered my back widow. I think 2-3 tree jobs I've done, have claimed my back Windows:)

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've seen a few back glasses knocked out from wood,that sucks.

Awesome thread! I just read it again.

I've been cutting trees the last few weeks steady and I found out that I'm not young anymore, the 395 and 066 are getting heavier I believe.

Cut 50 or so hickorys this week and man are they a bear to cut.