Damn thieves

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went out with the wife today,did a little shopping and such. You know normal life things. Got back home in time to get kids off school bus. Hadn’t been in Shop all day. My son to shoot his pellet rifle, we keep it in Shop so I told him to get the key to go get it out and I’d be right there to help him shoot. 5 minutes later he comes back in with lock in his hand and said daddy, something is wrong with your lock I didn’t need the key. I looked and it was cut, I thought ah crap. Longer story short. They got all my runners that belonged to me. 372 371 ( that my son and I built) Tecomec 365 and my 026. Only thing left is ones I’ve been working on for others and my 346xp which I keep in my toolbox on my truck. Also a bunch of miscellaneous tools. I have a feeling it was someone who knew what was what. Police pretty much said good luck. I can’t stand a damn thief

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everything I’ve got I’ve bought, built or given to me by a friend or family member. I’ve never understood why people can’t just get off their lazy asses and do the same. But truth be known it was probably a damn meth head piece of *s-word

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
SOB !!!!!:mad: It has to be someone that knew what you had.
Yeah I’m thinking exactly that same thing brother. What pisses me off is I help tons of people in my area,even some I know that don’t do exactly right but I do it in hopes they’ll turn around and do different. I’ve racked my brain trying too figure this out but I’m lost as to who I think has done this. But if I find out they better pray the police get to them before I do.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd look closer at your "friends" One has got to be the rotten apple of the bunch. It would likely be one you know.

Otherwise, how would someone know about this stuff? I mean some of us here know about it, but most of us don't even know where you live and don't have any reason to steal *s-word.

There is a reason I don't hardly let anyone in my barn... out of sight, out of mind. You might get peeks at some of the stuff, but not all of it.

If something happens to my *s-word, I know who to talk to. Actually, I have a couple of sources I could talk to. They have connections, you see...

Oh, and send emails to all local and nearby cities' pawn shops... they will be able to take a look and see that this stuff was stolen. Offer a reward for it, maybe one of the shops will lowball the hell out of the scumbag and sell your stuff back at lowball prices.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That sucks man. Saw on Facebook last might that a tree service in WA got hit for about $12 000 of stuff including an almost new 880.

Hoping that your stuff shows up in a local pawnshop or something .
Dang that’s bad. I’ve already called the shops I frequent looking for saws and buy different stuff from. Said they’ll let me know if anything comes in.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd look closer at your "friends" One has got to be the rotten apple of the bunch. It would likely be one you know.

Otherwise, how would someone know about this stuff? I mean some of us here know about it, but most of us don't even know where you live and don't have any reason to steal *s-word.

There is a reason I don't hardly let anyone in my barn... out of sight, out of mind. You might get peeks at some of the stuff, but not all of it.

If something happens to my *s-word, I know who to talk to. Actually, I have a couple of sources I could talk to. They have connections, you see...
Yes sir I know exactly what you’re saying. I’m covering those bases too. I’m not saying too much other than on here,so I can see if someone screws up and starts saying anything. I don’t let many in my shop. Usually meet them outside and take saw or talk to them, but that doesn’t mean someone hasn’t said something to other people

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dang that’s bad. I’ve already called the shops I frequent looking for saws and buy different stuff from. Said they’ll let me know if anything comes in.
Hate to hear this. I keep all my saws intertwined with a 30 ft. steel snake.Just take them a little more effort. A thief always finds a way!

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear about this. Another member got hit recently as well, they cleaned out most of his big saws. Just keep an eye on your local Craigslist, pawn shops, etc. This is why it pays to have the serial numbers recorded, things marked up that you plan on keeping, etc.

My aunt was married to a drunk for a time and in 1983 he cleaned out a local logger's shop. The logger and his crew eventually caught up to my aunt's husband and he looked like ground beef when they were done with him. He divorced my aunt not long after and now makes his living scamming wealthy older widows.

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went out with the wife today,did a little shopping and such. You know normal life things. Got back home in time to get kids off school bus. Hadn’t been in Shop all day. My son to shoot his pellet rifle, we keep it in Shop so I told him to get the key to go get it out and I’d be right there to help him shoot. 5 minutes later he comes back in with lock in his hand and said daddy, something is wrong with your lock I didn’t need the key. I looked and it was cut, I thought ah crap. Longer story short. They got all my runners that belonged to me. 372 371 ( that my son and I built) Tecomec 365 and my 026. Only thing left is ones I’ve been working on for others and my 346xp which I keep in my toolbox on my truck. Also a bunch of miscellaneous tools. I have a feeling it was someone who knew what was what. Police pretty much said good luck. I can’t stand a damn thief

Damn man, that *s-wordt pisses me off. Sorry to hear. I worry about that kind of low life bullsh.t all the time. That's why I never let anyone in my shop if I can help it and I always meet somewhere else if I'm selling something.

Ive got a good running 70cc. saw that I could send your way to get you back on your feet. If you need it it's yours just shoot me a pm. I'd be more than happy to help out. I wish you good luck.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the offers guys,but I’m not posting this to try and get something (don’t take that the wrong way please) I really just needed to vent. But I’ll tell y’all this, who ever did this doesn’t know me as well as they might think cuz when I catch them and I’m pretty sure i will, they gonna have hell to pay. And as I’m typing this one of my neighbors just called and told me he did see a little red ford ranger leave my driveway this afternoon about an hour before my wife and I got home. Now I’ve got a pretty good idea of where I’ll be going tomorrow after work

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the offers guys,but I’m not posting this to try and get something (don’t take that the wrong way please) I really just needed to vent. But I’ll tell y’all this, who ever did this doesn’t know me as well as they might think cuz when I catch them and I’m pretty sure i will, they gonna have hell to pay. And as I’m typing this one of my neighbors just called and told me he did see a little red ford ranger leave my driveway this afternoon about an hour before my wife and I got home. Now I’ve got a pretty good idea of where I’ll be going tomorrow after work

Good to hear. And sadly might be time to set up a trail camera or two.