av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
4:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a nice looking Dolmar 118 Super for a great price from a fellow in the UK. I warned him about using EBay Global shipping and explained that I had a saw intercepted and held as undeliverable, restricted material. I told him not to use it, call Fed Ex instead. *a-hole used EBay anyway and the saw was intercepted and held. In our messaging he indicated that it happened to him once before as well. But he used eBay’s shipping anyway. I’m not certain I understand that. I can only guess his motive was to offload the saw, not giving a *s-word whether it arrived or not. I’m so tempted to roast the dude with feedback. Anyway, don’t buy chainsaws from the UK. You probably won’t get them. They are under the impression (at eBay’s Global shipping center) that they cannot export used chainsaws to the US because of import restrictions. Which I think is bs. Now you guys have been warned. I was refunded BTW, but I really wanted the saw.

gorilla

OPE Member
Local time
9:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I WOULD HAVE AGREED, but I am a bloke in the UK, I sold a saw to a guy named Hank, wrapped the saw to ship, then went to print the label, seems that Hank lives in the USA. No probs. I am with the global program, print label, send... Some time later.. the saw is held at US customs, restricted item etc etc you have a refund, Hank has a refund, the guys at customs must have tons of saws each now. Who pays for all this.

av8or3

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It only happens within that Global Shipping. Outside of that, after hundreds of saws, never had one held at customs or anywhere. Inbound or out.

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had the same thing happen to me twice - once from UK and once from U.S.
In both cases it was ebay global shipping that was the culprit.
In both cases I was refunded (minus the exchange fees which I get roasted on in both directions) and the saw was confiscated - it was NOT sent back to the seller.
I have exactly ZERO problems using USPS or UK Postal, but ebay shipping is a scam IMHO. Someone out there has a few shipping containers full of free outdoor power equipment, and it isnt the customers or sellers!

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
that kind of *s-word pisses me off to no end!

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shipping anywhere in the US to the US or from the US to the rest of the world.................

1711973906974.png

Last edited:

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Entering the US from Europe.

1711973999044.png

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Entering the US from Asia

1711974039555.png

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had countless packages smashed and lost from UPS and FedEx..none yet from the Post Office..
Well how many saws do you send and receive from outside the USA?

av8or3

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was explained to me in detail by the *a-hole who did it anyway. The sellers been paid , he’s got his money. Ebay confiscates the saw because of perceived import restrictions and refunds the buyer. The saw is sold outside of eBay to (??) to recoup the money. If this is true they almost certainly lose money.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was explained to me in detail by the *a-hole who did it anyway. The sellers been paid , he’s got his money. Ebay confiscates the saw because of perceived import restrictions and refunds the buyer. The saw is sold outside of eBay to (??) to recoup the money. If this is true they almost certainly lose money.
If they weren’t gaining from this confiscation scheme, they would put a policy in place stopping people from shipping them to begin with.. just my opinion. Something is fishy here, and they are obviously gaining from it..

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If they weren’t gaining from this confiscation scheme, they would put a policy in place stopping people from shipping them to begin with.. just my opinion. Something is fishy here, and they are obviously gaining from it..

I've been kicking around getting a saw from Dan but my out of country saw and parts purchases haven't been that great..idk if I'll build up the balls to do it or not..

I think a lot of people's shipping experiences have more to do with their area than the carrier..

Blanket statements on topics like this are funny lol.

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had countless packages smashed and lost from UPS and FedEx..none yet from the Post Office..
UPS claimed to have destroyed the handlebar for the griphoist I purchased last summer. It's a round, thick metal bar. Even running it over with a pallet jack shouldn't destroy it.

Then they refused to provide evidence of the bar or box and wouldn't honor the $100 insurance standard on all packages.

FedEx drivers love to toss boxes, especially if they say fragile. Don't take it out on me if you hate your job.

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would wager they can write-off most of those costs and reduce their overall tax liabilities.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
UPS claimed to have destroyed the handlebar for the griphoist I purchased last summer. It's a round, thick metal bar. Even running it over with a pallet jack shouldn't destroy it.

Then they refused to provide evidence of the bar or box and wouldn't honor the $100 insurance standard on all packages.

FedEx drivers love to toss boxes, especially if they say fragile. Don't take it out on me if you hate your job.

My packages from FedEx look like they played dodgeball with them..

But that may just be my area..