High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

660 Fast idle solution..........hooray!!

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
9:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm currently selling tools and having a hell of a time keeping track of that lol

Posting something like that to the us might not be cost effective. Last tool kit I sent to aus was $35 for the envelope.

What WOULD be cost effective is to have someone in the US do the printing and then either personally distribute and or send some to hl so they can just toss them in with future kits.

Or I need to get a 3d printer. Lol.

I don't mind paying for parts.....and theres no way I'd only want one....more like 5 or 10 to keep on hand.

Let me know what u want to do...

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
8:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just updated my Pics on the Arbor ____ Site forum thread that had the phot0bucket censorship. It's also a good read. I suspect this problem will hit dozens of saws in the 066, 650, 660 series as they get older. It doesn't take much part wear on the assembly to set it off. Many burly guys can drop start these saws cold, but without a fast idle, it's virtually impossible. Once the engine is warm, the low idle settimg will work OK, but when cold, these saws will struggle at the start.

traffic903

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm currently selling tools and having a hell of a time keeping track of that lol

Posting something like that to the us might not be cost effective. Last tool kit I sent to aus was $35 for the envelope.

What WOULD be cost effective is to have someone in the US do the printing and then either personally distribute and or send some to hl so they can just toss them in with future kits.

Or I need to get a 3d printer. Lol.

I don't mind paying for parts.....and theres no way I'd only want one....more like 5 or 10 to keep on hand.

Let me know what u want to do...
@Mattyo I have included the link to my STL file on Thingiverse. If HL (or anybody else for that matter) want to have these made from that, then they are more than welcome to do so. The catch (for that file) is that I have made it free to download and use, but it cannot be used for commercial purposes. I did this because I wanted it to be free. Now that doesn't stop someone with 3d modelling software spending 5 minutes to create their own and selling them, but at least there is a free option out there.

This thing is so easy to make, out of anything, not just printing. If someone doesn't have access to a printer, then some aluminium flat bar or a thin kitchen cutting board would work very well also.

I personally think that the ONLY person who should be able to make anything out of this design is @Wood Doctor .

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mattyo I have included the link to my STL file on Thingiverse. If HL (or anybody else for that matter) want to have these made from that, then they are more than welcome to do so. The catch (for that file) is that I have made it free to download and use, but it cannot be used for commercial purposes. I did this because I wanted it to be free. Now that doesn't stop someone with 3d modelling software spending 5 minutes to create their own and selling them, but at least there is a free option out there.

This thing is so easy to make, out of anything, not just printing. If someone doesn't have access to a printer, then some aluminum flat bar or a thin kitchen cutting board would work very well also.

I personally think that the ONLY person who should be able to make anything out of this design is @Wood Doctor .
It's not my thing to make money on an idea anymore. Your success at using it and replicating it is all the reward that I need. Many owners who are having trouble cold starting this saw use it for a living. With the decomp valve pushed in, a 660 can be drop started rather easily by most owners. Many burly sawyers don't even need to use the decomp. Imagine the frustration of drop start owners who cannot drop start their saw when cold. Frankly, it would drive me bonkers.

I must admit that I studied the problem for quite awhile before coming up with this small, simple part idea. We are working with very small dimensions that could cause the problem, and that is why even a production run at the factory could create it. That also explains why some saws in the sequence work OK and others do not. I do believe, however, that the more this saw is used, the more likely the problem will emerge as the assembly wears and all production runs with this design could start to fail in time.

traffic903

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not my thing to make money on an idea anymore. Your success at using it and replicating it is all the reward that I need. Many owners who are having trouble cold starting this saw use it for a living. With the decomp valve pushed in, a 660 can be drop started rather easily by most owners. Many burly sawyers don't even need to use the decomp. Imagine the frustration of drop start owners who cannot drop start their saw when cold. Frankly, it would drive me bonkers.

I must admit that I studied the problem for quite awhile before coming up with this small, simple part idea. We are working with very small dimensions that could cause the problem, and that is why even a production run at the factory could create it. That also explains why some saws in the sequence work OK and others do not. I do believe, however, that the more this saw is used, the more likely the problem will emerge as the assembly wears and all production runs with this design could start to fail in time.
Spot on.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kudos to everyone involved, I'm proud to see this collective problem solving from generosity of materials and ideas.

Have not had the problem yet myself, but nice to know I can fix it when it does occur.

traffic903

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have printed 60 shims. Will be posting tomorrow. I would expect around 7 to 10 days for delivery. They are going to @jmester and when he gets them he will post and ask people to pm him their details. Please don't ask him for 10. 1 or maybe 2 is fair to everyone. If they all go and people need more I will print more off and send.

Having said all that, if someone wants a bulk lot sent to them, then pm me and I will organise that.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Maybe start a new thread asking for anyone with access to a 3D printer in the US to help out. I can see lot of challenges getting this simple plastic part to the US...

BTW. I have 5 1122's and have worked on 10 or so others that have never had this issue. Hope mine never do.

well done Jason for helping out here @jmester
thanks for the thread @traffic903 and Edwin @Wood Doctor

traffic903

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
let us know what the postal rate is like to the states... that'll be interesting.
Postage is cheaper than I thought it would be. It is going in a letter. If I had to post let's say any number up to 20 or so to individuals, it would cost me about $5. So for once, the postage isn't the killer!!

twinstaged

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A part this simple could be made from Delrin/nylon as a full length brick of material and then just cut shims from the brick. Core bit in a router, and a block of material cut on a table saw.

traffic903

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A part this simple could be made from Delrin/nylon as a full length brick of material and then just cut shims from the brick. Core bit in a router, and a block of material cut on a table saw.
Yep

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agreed. I made one using hickory for a logger's saw that lasted for two years. He ran it about every other day.

Remember that we are working with a part that might nudge the end of that switch rod only around a millimeter. That's all the play that it takes for this complicated assembly to not work correctly and then slip past the fast idle. When that happens, a cold start becomes very difficult and a cold drop start becomes virtually impossible. Owners start wrapping wire slip loops around the grip handle to hold the trigger at fast idle or WOT. That works, but who wants it?

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The master control lever shims are hear. For those that want them, please pm me your info. Please remember that @traffic903 wants everybody to get one that wants one. If there are any left I can always send you more at that point.