AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
12:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m going by what Jack showed in his video.

He’s a professional faller, not a hobbyist, cookie cutting weekend warrior, salesman, keyboard armchair or firewood hack. He also ports saws, and avoids forums. He owns and runs Stihl, Husky and Dolmar saws without bias, even has videos comparing and contrasting strengths and weaknesses without becoming a fan boy to any brand. I trust his opinion and what I can see more than what I read on here. And he says the 462 is lighter and better suited to a 28” bar, but if you’re using a 32” bar the 572xp has more power to pull it. I’ve seen videos of 572 vs 462 cutting neck and neck in smaller wood (~10”).

Even in larger wood (~24”) they are neck and neck.

I don’t want to start an argument over which saw is better. This thread is about the 572xp. I just wanted to share my source for my opinion.

Best thing to do is decide for yourself. Hit the dingy dingy button in PP Friends and Family and I'll send you one, the other, or both and you can run these puppies until they puke and then give us feedback. :)

I'll have a 462 next week and I can have a 572 by driving about 20 minutes from my house.

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
11:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just called my Husky dealer and says he was able to order one. I'll wait and see if we lost any details in translation, but he claims he was able to get it.
Great news! If you can find one for me please let me know. I am even more interested with the HD spike but I'll be happy with the small one.

Thanks for asking!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If a 13.2 lb saw out runs (or runs even) with a saw that is 1.5 lb heavier with a 28" B+C, I'll take it. And if I need to run a longer bar, I'll get a bigger saw!

Also, I like Stihl Chain, square filed. I think it holds an edge longer, and I have no problem sharpening it.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If a 13.2 lb saw out runs (or runs even) with a saw that is 1.5 lb heavier with a 28" B+C, I'll take it. And if I need to run a longer bar, I'll get a bigger saw!

Also, I like Stihl Chain, square filed. I think it holds an edge longer, and I have no problem sharpening it.

Stihl RS is excellent chain, that said I would like to try the new Husqvarna and Oregon offerings and try to get back to round ground chain. Then let the firewood pile decide.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I just hope they BOTH prove to be reliable. Would hate to see either one of them take a nose dive in terms of longevity or reliability. Don’t care which one is lighter, faster etc etc. They’re different and that’s ok IMO.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That’s great, Mike... why are you here? Lol.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s great, Mike... why are you here? Lol.
I was wondering the same thing! Obviously to troll another Husky thread and let everyone know how he feels which at this point if u don’t know you’ve been living under a rock? He has nothing constructive to ad that’s for sure!

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was wondering the same thing! Obviously to troll another Husky thread and let everyone know how he feels which at this point if u don’t know you’ve been living under a rock? He has nothing constructive to ad that’s for sure!

It could be viewed that Mike is adding to the discussion by pointing key elements of the competition's offering. Stihl offers the 462, which is the direct rival of the 572. Everybody is wanting to know how these saws stack up on a performance, specs, maintenance and price level.

I run all of the major saw brands, and the thing Mike says about the weight is a high selling point, if I were to be in the market for one of these saws.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It could be viewed that Mike is adding to the discussion by pointing key elements of the competition's offering. Stihl offers the 462, which is the direct rival of the 572. Everybody is wanting to know how these saws stack up on a performance, specs, maintenance and price level.

I run all of the major saw brands, and the thing Mike says about the weight is a high selling point, if I were to be in the market for one of these saws.
Kinda hard to view it that way when this is a stand alone 572 thread, not a 462 vs 572 thread. I don’t get all butt hurt over stuff like this but I can see why the fellers are raising the BS flag on it. Gets old

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kinda hard to view it that way when this is a stand alone 572 thread, not a 462 vs 572 thread. I don’t get all butt hurt over stuff like this but I can see why the fellers are raising the BS flag on it. Gets old

I can also see your point. I'm happy you made it and it's a valid point. But, I do have to say that since pg. 5, this thread has been teetering on the brink of derail status anyway, so we shouldn't get too testy over it. :)

Derails happen and I don't think that any saw manufacturer has any amnesty in that regard. And, if it's a 572 only thread, there sure has been quite a few posts about the 357, 7900, 2253 and other saws that have nothing to do with the 572--they are also completely off topic. I would say the 462 has more in common with the 572 than any of the previous mentioned saws.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can also see your point. I'm happy you made it and it's a valid point. But, I do have to say that since pg. 5, this thread has been teetering on the brink of derail status anyway, so we shouldn't get too testy over it. :)

Derails happen and I don't think that any saw manufacturer has any amnesty in that regard. And, if it's a 572 only thread, there sure has been quite a few posts about the 357, 7900, 2253 and other saws that have nothing to do with the 572--they are also completely off topic. I would say the 462 has more in common with the 572 than any of the previous mentioned saws.
No testiness here brochacho. And you’re absolutely right, derails are quite popular all over the place and I know I’m just as guilty as the next guy on occasion. I think it’s because by and large we talk about stuff like we’re sitting around a fire with beer in hand which is nice in some ways but eventually a “WTF?” comes to the surface now and then. Personally, I think it really is needed sometimes and it doesn’t have to be a hostile exchange.

Look a that...we’re derailing the 572 thread lol