572 updates

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
7:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am very likely going to get the 565 when it comes out if the price stays down. Im looking for not just whats the best performing but whats the best value
The price Bob posted for the 565 makes it a serious contender. Hands down that’s the most saw for the money, the 572 is gonna be a spendy SOB

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry if anyone got butt hurt by my comments, that was not my intention, but I was not the one that brought in the comparison with the Stihl saw, I just gave what I thought was honest and factual comment regarding that.

I truly hope both saws are wildly successful, and they may be. For, while the displacement is the same, the two saws seem to be very different and aimed at different audience. IMO, it is also ironic that the Co that used to focus on durability is making the lighter saw, and the Co that used to focus on light weight is making the durable (perhaps overbuilt) saw.

It will be very interesting to see how all this plays out.

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
1:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry if anyone got butt hurt by my comments, that was not my intention, but I was not the one that brought in the comparison with the Stihl saw, I just gave what I thought was honest and factual comment regarding that.

I truly hope both saws are wildly successful, and they may be. For, while the displacement is the same, the two saws seem to be very different and aimed at different audience. IMO, it is also ironic that the Co that used to focus on durability is making the lighter saw, and the Co that used to focus on light weight is making the durable (perhaps overbuilt) saw.

As I already said, I think both saws are build for different markets.

Of course the Stihl is better suited for European market, it's lighter and good balanced with a "20 bar or even sorter. But after a few hours cutting conifers with thick and dusty bark you have to clean or replace the filter.

The Husky is better balanced with longer bars, is smoother, and the filter setup is awesome.

So the Stihl is lighter, time will tell us which one is the more reliable. My older coworker has his 572 since January, he never have any issue, and the saw don't loose bolts like his 372's. Most guys are using 462's around here, so it's normal if they have a bit more issues.

IMHO you can't go wrong with either saw.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
2:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The price Bob posted for the 565 makes it a serious contender. Hands down that’s the most saw for the money, the 572 is gonna be a spendy SOB

The trend we've seen here after the 572 was released for quite some time was that the price dropped several times already. Prior to the release of the 462, it was quite spendy.

Now it seems the prices have settled in at less than 900EU. That is including 24% tax so one can assume it would be much cheaper in certain areas of the US where taxes are cheaper.

Basically, what we've seen is that the 565 settled in just below 800EU, so around a 100 EU price difference.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If we continue to keep a closed eye to our deficit problems, it is likely what will some day happen here. There is no "free stuff", someone eventually has to pay for it, and politicians love to spend your money and borrow!

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Take your time buddy, it's really helpful. Let me know how much it is, and your PayPal address if you can!

Here you go, friend. Please take a look and see if this is what you need. I'm not sure he quite understands what I'm talking about when I ask for HD spikes. If anyone has an actual Part Number, I can probably get it.

I have noticed that our Husqvarna supply chain seems to be grouped with eastern Europe and Russia. I think these spikes are available to the region is the reason I was able to get it. Just a theory, not 100% sure.

This is like 7 Eu + Shipping.

If this works for you send me a PM with your address and I'll give you my PayPal.

EDIT: I forgot the pics....doh!

IMG_20180905_130536.jpg IMG_20180905_130543.jpg

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The trend we've seen here after the 572 was released for quite some time was that the price dropped several times already. Prior to the release of the 462, it was quite spendy.

Now it seems the prices have settled in at less than 900EU. That is including 24% tax so one can assume it would be much cheaper in certain areas of the US where taxes are cheaper.

Basically, what we've seen is that the 565 settled in just below 800EU, so around a 100 EU price difference.
That’s not nearly as high as I was expecting it to be. Just looked up the exchange rate and didn’t realize the EU had come down so much.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s not nearly as high as I was expecting it to be. Just looked up the exchange rate and didn’t realize the EU had come down so much.

It is better now. Very thankful for that. When comparing the exchange rate of prices, remember that our prices generally have tax already calculated in.

In other words, when we buy a Coke that cost 1 EU, we don't pay 1.06 or whatever at the register due to the tax being calculated, it's already in the price. So, like the pic below from a local dealer's website below, is the out the door price (unless you are smooth talker, then it'll be a bit cheaper).

Husky is beating the pants off of Stihl for prices over here right now.

Advertised prices:
462 - 1080 Eu
572 - 899 Eu
565 - 785 Eu

Tax or no tax.JPG

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is better now. Very thankful for that. When comparing the exchange rate of prices, remember that our prices generally have tax already calculated in.

In other words, when we buy a Coke that cost 1 EU, we don't pay 1.06 or whatever at the register due to the tax being calculated, it's already in the price. So, like the pic below from a local dealer's website below, is the out the door price (unless you are smooth talker, then it'll be a bit cheaper).

Husky is beating the pants off of Stihl for prices over here right now.

Advertised prices:
462 - 1080 Eu
572 - 899 Eu
565 - 785 Eu

View attachment 140020
Wow! That IS a huge difference between Stihl and Husky

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

don't sweat the small stuff i think were all on here because of a passion for good saws and a need for a place like this to talk about them. I am glad we have a site like this where we can all have fun bsing about this stuff cheers everyone:)

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
don't sweat the small stuff i think were all on here because of a passion for good saws and a need for a place like this to talk about them. I am glad we have a site like this where we can all have fun bsing about this stuff cheers everyone:)

Well said:borra2:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As I already said, I think both saws are build for different markets.

Of course the Stihl is better suited for European market, it's lighter and good balanced with a "20 bar or even sorter. But after a few hours cutting conifers with thick and dusty bark you have to clean or replace the filter.

The Husky is better balanced with longer bars, is smoother, and the filter setup is awesome.

So the Stihl is lighter, time will tell us which one is the more reliable. My older coworker has his 572 since January, he never have any issue, and the saw don't loose bolts like his 372's. Most guys are using 462's around here, so it's normal if they have a bit more issues.

IMHO you can't go wrong with either saw.
It’s nice to hear realistic experiences from a logger, not a cookie cutter. Thank you for your input sir.

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
588XP. Just because I like this name!

And it's about time! The production of the 390, 395 and 3120 will end in 2019, because of the new regulations, that's a fact.

As if that was not enough, the upcoming 500i is firing big shots on husqvarna next year with it's technology and stats on paper. Stihl has a huge marketing advantage now, no matter if the 500i will live up to its hype or not. 6,8hp/80cc with just nearly the same weight of a 562xp sounds just to crazy for most of the people.

They have to do something to keep up. A dependable 585 or 590xp with around 7hp and 6,x kg would be a good answer i think.