572 updates

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The take-home here was the 572 is only 10oz heavier, or ~5% more weight.
However, in a cut of a 24" log the 372 took 34s and the 572 took 29s with the same bar and chain. 5s faster, or 15% quicker.

He had a "modified" 372 but didn't want to compare it to the other two since it wouldn't be "fair".

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The take-home here was the 572 is only 10oz heavier, or ~5% more weight.
However, in a cut of a 24" log the 372 took 34s and the 572 took 29s with the same bar and chain. 5s faster, or 15% quicker.

He had a "modified" 372 but didn't want to compare it to the other two since it wouldn't be "fair".
Should weigh about the same as the outgoing xt then if I had to guess, as the oe is a bit lighter than a xt. I wonder if the 572 holds more fluids than a 372?

Last edited:

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All this talk about a few ounces here and a few seconds there makes me chuckle. I'm all for lighter weight and more horsepower but I've never taken a scale or a stopwatch to the woods with me. You have to try a saw to form an accurate unbiased opinion on it. Spec sheets are for salesmen and have little to do with what the saw actually is like to use.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All this talk about a few ounces here and a few seconds there makes me chuckle. I'm all for lighter weight and more horsepower but I've never taken a scale or a stopwatch to the woods with me. You have to try a saw to form an accurate unbiased opinion on it. Spec sheets are for salesmen and have little to do with what the saw actually is like to use.
Well said buddy!

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, today is the 11th. And unless they move the goal posts again, the saws will ship 4 weeks from today. Except for ours, cause we're going to go up and get them.

They did send us a POP kit, (point of purchase), with some posters and banners on the new saws. Funny but the Mark II 550/545 are on the same banner as the 572/565. But I can't see them being out at the same time cause there's no info at all on the dealer site yet. The little T525 should be released on the 11th though.

As far as the hair splitting discussion goes, I 100% agree with @ABarrick . Also, and I've been saying this for years, whenever you compare ONE example each of 2 different models, such comparison is really only valid for those 2 particular saws. It's a stretch to then conclude that ALL of model A will beat ALL of model B. It can give you an idea, but there's not enough data to apply that conclusion to all of them. You could compare 2 of the same model and one might beat the other. Then what's the conclusion? :)

Let's not forget the "spec" that a guy who's actually going to work these saws in the woods never gets mentioned here: 572 has significantly improved AV. Smooth as butter. That's important to a serious operator.

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So, today is the 11th. And unless they move the goal posts again, the saws will ship 4 weeks from today. Except for ours, cause we're going to go up and get them.

They did send us a POP kit, (point of purchase), with some posters and banners on the new saws. Funny but the Mark II 550/545 are on the same banner as the 572/565. But I can't see them being out at the same time cause there's no info at all on the dealer site yet. The little T525 should be released on the 11th though.

As far as the hair splitting discussion goes, I 100% agree with @ABarrick . Also, and I've been saying this for years, whenever you compare ONE example each of 2 different models, such comparison is really only valid for those 2 particular saws. It's a stretch to then conclude that ALL of model A will beat ALL of model B. It can give you an idea, but there's not enough data to apply that conclusion to all of them. You could compare 2 of the same model and one might beat the other. Then what's the conclusion? :)

Let's not forget the "spec" that a guy who's actually going to work these saws in the woods never gets mentioned here: 572 has significantly improved AV. Smooth as butter. That's important to a serious operator.
The AV will be one of the biggest things for me. Other things I’m looking for are improved longevity and better handling.

All things aside, I’ve noticed something in watching the first review videos. The 572 and 462 both sound quite lean. Listening to the 500i it sounds like it has a much more conservative tune. If injection has allowed Stihl to tune them on the chubby side and make emissions with more power and lighter weight it might be lights out for the other two saws. And I don’t like Stihls at all.