572 updates

ferris

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting video from the Austrian lumberjack fellow using the 500i and 572 with a comparison at the end. He used a 462 for a while as well. He liked the weight of the 462 a lot, and liked the 500i as well, but in this case his preference is for the 572. He's been using it for well over a year at this point.
He is a husky lover.
He is looking for strange things out of the stihl that je don’t like.
Example:
if he cuts at head height, he can better catch a kickback with the 572 because it's heavier. that's why the 572 is better.

In my opinion: If I have to lift the saw more often so high I would be glad if the saw is lighter.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He is a husky lover.
He is looking for strange things out of the stihl that je don’t like.
Example:
if he cuts at head height, he can better catch a kickback with the 572 because it's heavier. that's why the 572 is better.

In my opinion: If I have to lift the saw more often so high I would be glad if the saw is lighter.
Sounds to me like you’re a Stihl lover and you just didn’t like that he preferred the 572......

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
6:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think in the end... the stihl lovers will buy a stihl and the husky a husky... regardless of the paper specs. The husky is heavier because it has larger main bearings and beefed up bottom end. Simple as that. What conclusions you draw from that is up to you, but I dont care to pack a little more weight if its gonna last and be around for a good while.

Last edited:

Benjo

Some Guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is also Right, but 1kg difference is alot
Is it really 1kg?

I've seen MustangMike's weight on his 462 showing Stihl's advertised 6kg weight is accurate, but I haven't seen a dry weight of a 572 showing Husqvarna's advertised 6.6kg stat isn't accurate.

There's probably one somewhere on the forum, but I haven't seen it yet.

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think in the end... the stihl lovers will buy a stihl and the husky a husky... regardless of the paper specs. The husky is heavier because it has larger main bearings and beefed up bottom end. Simple as that. What conclusions you draw from that is up to you, but I dont care to pack a little more weight if its gonna last and be around for a good while.
You're indicating that the 462 wont last as long as the 572? Thats gonna hurt somebody...
Just sayin....

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Exactly, and I've been saying that all along. Most guys are quite loyal to one brand or the other and there is very little cross over. Certainly not due to any of the specs that get a lot of play here. I would never buy the Stihl, any more than Mike or Jeff would buy the Husky. It doesn't mean anything, and should not be taken as a slight by anyone. We have our favorites, they work and we're happy with them.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would also not be surprised if folks looking to run/balance longer bars gravitate toward the 572 and those running 20/24" bars gravitate to the lighter 462.

So, even though they are the same displacement, they seem designed for 2 different markets. At least, that is my take.

I really almost bought a 562 … but I had so many Stihl mount bars it just didn't make sense. Water under the bridge.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I like turtles.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would also not be surprised if folks looking to run/balance longer bars gravitate toward the 572 and those running 20/24" bars gravitate to the lighter 462.

So, even though they are the same displacement, they seem designed for 2 different markets. At least, that is my take.

I really almost bought a 562 … but I had so many Stihl mount bars it just didn't make sense. Water under the bridge.

I run a Stihl bar on my 288xp and 572! ;)

168783765.TCni1iyK.jpg

168783786.sOMKACkK.totally_stihl.jpg

Last edited:

pro94lt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Many will have both and run the bars best suited for the saw... I definitely will. But one thing I’ve learned is don’t take the forums word on it... you’ve got to try it for yourself and decide...

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now that I have a reasonable relationship with a local dealer I would seriously consider trying another new Husky.

If for no other reason than a serious dislike for STIHL Corporate.

Truth be told I already open both a K095 and D009 mount saw, I just haven’t held or run either of them.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m sorta a husky guy... but the stihl forestry helmet is the only one out of several I’ve tried that doesn’t interfere with a hearing aid/implant as bad as the others.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

@Homelite410 bar adapter can fix that