572 updates

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They added a decent amount of extra slotted holes in the recoil housing on this series. I like how fast and easy top cover removal/install is on these. Has anyone heard about these coming in a shade of red?
We can only hope! But I wouldn’t put much faith in seeing a red one

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
1:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope they fit them with a two spikes and roller catcher standard. They fit 372s/2171s with two spikes and a roller catcher standard. The outside dog helps hugely when bumping knots/crotches with the clutch cover facing the log. The roller catch doesn’t eff up the chain when it’s gets thrown like a metal one and lasts longer. I noticed a trend with the aluminum catchers and single spikes with a lot of the manufacturers... which I think is an attempt to save $.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of our 3 372s is missing the outside dog and you definitely notice the difference when using it for bumping knots or felling compared to the other two that have it. Bucking logs or on small saws it doesn’t really matter. 70cc and up should have two spikes and a roller catch standard IMHO.

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They added a decent amount of extra slotted holes in the recoil housing on this series. I like how fast and easy top cover removal/install is on these. Has anyone heard about these coming in a shade of red?

Sort of...

They also added this black baffle.

6BB152FB-2352-41C2-8949-46A1B83D644C.jpeg 0C5DF4B4-8CAF-4B51-A346-449D2B9B3011.jpeg

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty much every saw has those I noticed. Just slightly different ways of executing it. It funnels air to the flywheel I think, increases the velocity is my guess.

Correct. Don’t know what I was thinking.

I took it apart to take a photo for HomeLite750 and thought “well this is a huge baffle”.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The black baffle helps accelerate the air past the air injection snorkel/pickup area. It's to improve flow for the pre-filtration.

They probably use the aluminum chain catcher and single spike to save weight as well as money.

Iceboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did not think the 462 would hit the US market first, but it did!
Stihl always fisrt!! Hehehehe

Στάλθηκε από το LG-H818 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I heard husky has been waiting for EPA approval before being able to release the new saws here.

This doesn’t ring true to me. Not even Husky would build that many saws without having secured the approval. Each saw needs a sticker, only sensible way would be during production in the factory, not at a distribution warehouse.

Homelite750

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I heard was the government shutdown was affecting the papers sitting on someone's desk at the EPA from being signed.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I heard was the government shutdown was affecting the papers sitting on someone's desk at the EPA from being signed.

Not a chance, would have been signed before they went in to production for the US market. The Stihl 462’s that arrived in Canada in November had the EPA rating on them. No way they would spend the money on production without having that already signed.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Husqvarna wanted to have enough saws ready, and they wanted to release several other saws at the same time. It really came down to a production thing, as Bob said awhile back. But yeah it sure has been slow going, I'll be dead by the time the 390 has a replacement.[emoji4]

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
10:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s never good to by the first of anything, till they have the bugs worked out. Just repeating what my saw dealer said when I called for the 562. He does however have the ms462. He carries both the husqvarna as well as the Stihl line up
If everyone went with that logic, then no new products would be sold, and it would be even harder to work out the bugs if any.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of these "I heard" and "I think" rumor posts are pretty entertaining, but not very helpful.

There is no wait for EPA approval. The 565 demo I have here is a production model has the emissions certification sticker on it. This rumor is based on some 100 series trimmers that have not yet been certified, it has nothing to do with these saws.

The "black baffle? Nothing new here fellas. It's just the 572 "air conductor" that covers the flywheel that has been on every Husky for say the last 30 some years. The fact that it attached to the starter is also not a new idea as this is how the 576 has been all along. It is possible because in both cases, the coil and kill wires do not need to be secured/routed through the air conductor.

@andyshine77 --I hear ya on the 592. If we're still around, we'll be too old to run saws that big. LOL

I may not have the saws yet, but my pre season parts order showed up and I'm probably the only dealer all stocked up on 572 parts. As far as that outside spike is concerned, I'm still not clear on whether it will be included on the 572's until I open the boxes and see. I exchanged some e-mails about this and never got a straight answer. Outer spike kit number is 590 261 001; $7. Problem with mine was that the cover wasn't even drilled to accept the kit. I figure 90% of the guys who buy these saws will want the outer spike, so I hope I don't have to drill all these things to install it. Early solution will be to have some extra covers with the outer spike ready to go so I'm not screwing around with these things at time of sale. Long term, most of these saw will end up with 372 side covers, which first, cost half as much, and second are required if you want to run the large W spikes. If you want the wide clutch cover, the one on the 572 IPL is silver, so order the 390W cover if you want an orange one. (537 331 001)

@huskyboy ; The inside spike is the same as on a 372, so the roller catcher will fit fine. Don't know if it will come with the saw or not. My 565 doesn't have it.

So, how "close" are they? Well in my case they are only an hour's drive up Route 87! There are in fact 600 power heads in stock at the Northeast warehouse right now waiting to be shipped, and yes you could say that's driving me nuts. :(

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the accurate update on the information Bob, and good luck with them when they do arrive. Sounds like you have your thinking cap on re: the clutch covers, kinda how I try to get ready for tax season!

Benjo

Some Guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting video from the Austrian lumberjack fellow using the 500i and 572 with a comparison at the end. He used a 462 for a while as well. He liked the weight of the 462 a lot, and liked the 500i as well, but in this case his preference is for the 572. He's been using it for well over a year at this point.