Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now that I've calmed down;

There is some "movement" on the 572 front. ;)

One of the (many) hold ups has been this insistence that the saws be shipped with the new C85 chain, which has been in short supply. With or without the chain, saws are going to ship. They are very excited about this chain. Until I see prices...………..

I MAY finally have an answer on the outside spike. Tech service pulled up the bill of materials for me, and the outer spike is listed as being in there. Fingers crossed until I actually open the boxes. Hopefully it's INSTALLED and the side covers don't have to be drilled. 50/50 confidence on this til we see it with our own eyes. Sure hope they are there cause I just ordered the last 3 from Husky and they are out until April 25.

The formerly overpriced wrap handle is now in kit form like the rest of the saws. Retail is $30. Diagram a bit vague on whether the large spikes are in the kit, but probably so. May even include another side cover, cause the large spike won't fit on the standard cover. And...…….they are also backordered until April 25. lol

There have only been 2 changes to the saws from last year. Different throttle cable and a better sealing oil hose. My saw from the UK had the old hose and didn't leak. Some saws leak more with the thinner oils. That Kinetix all season crap seems to leak in EVERY saw I put it in. I don't recommend that slurry.

Keep your radio tuned to this station for further bulletins. There's gonna be some. :)

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Noooo

A couple ounces in weight is way more important than everything else:rolleyes:

(AA says Bob says Hi)

Yes, AA stopped in here on his way up to see you guys. Glad he got a new gig, but that's a tough product line to generate significant volume. I think he has to triple it just for the territory to hit a break even point. The G-C job might have been a better deal even having to work for JJ. Ya know if Shaun pushes too much we might bring in AA's stuff just for fun.

Sorry Mike; we're talking in code again and I know that drives you nuts. Especially cruel of us to do that right in the middle of tax season, ain't it? LOL

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, AA stopped in here on his way up to see you guys. Glad he got a new gig, but that's a tough product line to generate significant volume. I think he has to triple it just for the territory to hit a break even point. The G-C job might have been a better deal even having to work for JJ. Ya know if Shaun pushes too much we might bring in AA's stuff just for fun.

Sorry Mike; we're talking in code again and I know that drives you nuts. Especially cruel of us to do that right in the middle of tax season, ain't it? LOL
I gotta big "Big M" banner I'll send ya.

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Is Mr PH going to keep the big territory with GC? Never met JJ but know Flipper and met flippers brother once.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now that I've calmed down;

There is some "movement" on the 572 front. ;)

One of the (many) hold ups has been this insistence that the saws be shipped with the new C85 chain, which has been in short supply. With or without the chain, saws are going to ship. They are very excited about this chain. Until I see prices...………..

I MAY finally have an answer on the outside spike. Tech service pulled up the bill of materials for me, and the outer spike is listed as being in there. Fingers crossed until I actually open the boxes. Hopefully it's INSTALLED and the side covers don't have to be drilled. 50/50 confidence on this til we see it with our own eyes. Sure hope they are there cause I just ordered the last 3 from Husky and they are out until April 25.

The formerly overpriced wrap handle is now in kit form like the rest of the saws. Retail is $30. Diagram a bit vague on whether the large spikes are in the kit, but probably so. May even include another side cover, cause the large spike won't fit on the standard cover. And...…….they are also backordered until April 25. lol

There have only been 2 changes to the saws from last year. Different throttle cable and a better sealing oil hose. My saw from the UK had the old hose and didn't leak. Some saws leak more with the thinner oils. That Kinetix all season crap seems to leak in EVERY saw I put it in. I don't recommend that slurry.

Keep your radio tuned to this station for further bulletins. There's gonna be some. :)
Good to hear, I use the Kinetix summer oil all year and seems to work for me. I’ve used 10 gals since November in my own saws, not logger quantity by any means though

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
2:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Whoa! Not gonna be too popular here at $300. :)
They're good for comfort, slim profile that doesn't get caught in branches etc like some and everything tucks away, people I know with one like them

Seriously expensive tho and the muffs aren't that great around chippers

I really like the petal vertex vent with MSA chipper spec muffs and the ultravision mesh visor, half the price too, tough and comfy, secure fit, similar to basic husky forestry/arb helmet with some differences

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

So what have the birds been saying about the supply of the C85 chain? I'm keen to try some and see if its just an initial grind that is better, and how it wears compared to my old standby Oregon chain. Also interested to find out how much more expensive it will be.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So what have the birds been saying about the supply of the C85 chain? I'm keen to try some and see if its just an initial grind that is better, and how it wears compared to my old standby Oregon chain. Also interested to find out how much more expensive it will be.

Product codes are finally in the system, so I'm going to order some this morning. Looks like my cost is $3 more per loop, which isn't all that bad. If there's a performance advantage.

And your right about seeing if the initial grind, or "out of the box" performance stays with the chain after it's been sharpened a few times.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
572 wrap kits showed up today. They do include both the large spikes and a wide west coast side cover. Yeah, it's the silver you guys all know and love.

C85 chain showed up too. Really only a $2 per loop increase over the Oregon EXL. Close enough to make it relevant; let the market will decide if they like it. Actually comes in a sturdy box with enough glue to keep it closed so I don't have to tape half of them shut like I do with the Oregon boxes. :ARMS1:

A.E. Metalwerx

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
572 wrap kits showed up today.

$30 price tag or close per a previous comment or over $100 yet? Any updates on the ship dates of the saws them selves since the chain is now out there?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$30 for the wrap kit. Individual prices for the handle and side cover are expensive. This would be the best way to buy side covers even if I threw the rest of the kit away. :)

Yeah, there's an "update" on the ship date. Not going to say a word til I see the order go "out for pick". ;)

They came out with some kind of deal that doesn't include orders already in the system, so I went and ordered more of these things today. Think I've got over 100 of them coming now, but with different orders/ ship dates. :eek: