High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

MS462 gas cap leaking

friendlywithbears

a tree falling in the woods
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Funny thing this week I fix a leaking gas tank on one saw now my 462 has started seeping from the gas cap.

I'm not too familiar with these newer style caps but I assume the vent is built into them. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Is it the warmer weather building too much pressure? Are they self serviceable or should I just buy extras :D

Many thanks.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
3:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Surprised such a new saw leaks from the cap? Replace it and see what happens I guess.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny thing this week I fix a leaking gas tank on one saw now my 462 has started seeping from the gas cap.

I'm not too familiar with these newer style caps but I assume the vent is built into them. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Is it the warmer weather building too much pressure? Are they self serviceable or should I just buy extras :D

Many thanks.

Buy extras..I have atleast 6 at all times.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They ARE compatible with any saw that has the large flippy caps like the 462, i think i only have a few left in stock, time to reorder :), for a saw as new as the 462 i would take it to my dealer and make it their problem, they can at least replace the caps
Dave

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They ARE compatible with any saw that has the large flippy caps like the 462, i think i only have a few left in stock, time to reorder :), for a saw as new as the 462 i would take it to my dealer and make it their problem, they can at least replace the caps
Dave

Those caps of yours are Stump Shot approved! ;)