Spike's Retirement Sale

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody guess what these fit? West coast dog kit for the 357/359/2156/2159. It was such a lame part that they still have them in stock, but they want something like $75 for them. Like the one Griner brother said in Deliverance, "I'll do it fer $40".

IMG_0202.JPG

MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Congrats Bob! Wishing you well in "retirement". You, sir, are a class act.

You were a big part of giving me the confidence to rebuild my trusty old 162SE. I still remember coming to your GTG back in 2013. Had a blast, and that day set me on my path to CAD! I've enjoyed all your videos over the years, and your knowledge of everything Husky and Jonny is second to none! Please promise to come around here at least occasionally.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy boys. I ran this idea by Randy earlier in the year and with the calendar moving along nicely, we're going to have ourselves a little retirement sale. Going to close the store at the end of the year and the long range plan is to e-bay all of the remaining. NLA/NOS Husky and Jonny parts we've accumulated over the years. But the short range plan is to give all the members here first crack at this stuff. Like to see these parts find a good home where they will actually be used.

There are some gems, that I suppose would warrant an individual posting. There are some things that I stashed away that I'll never use. You know how the collection gets out of hand. Set aside a P&C for a saw "just in case" and then you end up with 6 of those saws and you'll never wear them out.

For the most part, I think the protocol ought to be to send me a PM first with what you might need to finish a project/build and avoid the phone until we know what we are doing. (It rings enough as it is ;) )

Practically nothing on 2100 stuff before anyone goes in that direction. Fairly strong in the 2xx series stuff. There's a lot of decent used parts that would be a good alternative in the absence of new. 242 chassis starters would be an example of that. New ones are NLA, but I have 8-9 used ones that are in decent shape. New rope and off ya go. Lot of mounts; springs. Same goes for the Jonsered parts. Have some of those many oddball fuel and oil caps that they have used over the years, not that I'm looking to sell a single oil cap, but we got 'em.

As this gets going the lack of professionalism in our "shipping department" may occasionally cause delays. (say, Dollar General runs out of packing tape.) But we'll figure it out.

Not being on as much lately is mostly about my antique computer no longer being able to load the site at home, so responses will mostly be during business hours.
Congratulations on the planning retirement, hoping that's a good thing 4 you

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's the SAME place I'm in now Randy. Even got me a countdown calendar to count the days. (122). That "feeling" crept up on me pretty quick too. All of a sudden it was, "OK, I've had enough; time to go". No regrets, and it's been great. But it's time to turn the page.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's the SAME place I'm in now Randy. Even got me a countdown calendar to count the days. (122). That "feeling" crept up on me pretty quick too. All of a sudden it was, "OK, I've had enough; time to go". No regrets, and it's been great. But it's time to turn the page.

My grandson is a really great young man....and he is a huge help to me in a lot of things. Farm stuff mostly. Working on saws is something I actually would rather do alone.

I love helping him on different projects he is tinkering on, but I'm always so busy that I just can't devote enough time to it.

Come on retirement !!!!

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love helping him on different projects he is tinkering on, but I'm always so busy that I just can't devote enough time to it.

Randy, that ever elusive time, passes us each day.

And yet, those days are so limited, that one day we look back and ask ourselves, where has all that time gone?

Left with nothing but memories.

For me, the family stuff always ranks #1, no regrets here, just a lot of great memories and experiences.

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Congratulations Bob!

many chance the 444 wants to live in Vermont. If so I have some switchback with your name on it.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You come to a point of life you know your days are limited ,Because less of it are ahead of you that's behind you and you wanted to leave some of it after an entire life time of doing it .I came from an entire of bunch mechanical wizards like by great grand father who invented the rotary concrete kiln among other things ..Then you have a grandson who is so smart at three years old you can't believe he's not an alien .It will not die but will live forever .--BTW smart grand daughters are good too--I have two .:)

Warped5

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bob! What's going to happen to the YouTube channel?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You come to a point of life you know your days are limited ,Because less of it are ahead of you that's behind you and you wanted to leave some of it after an entire life time of doing it .I came from an entire of bunch mechanical wizards like by great grand father who invented the rotary concrete kiln among other things ..Then you have a grandson who is so smart at three years old you can't believe he's not an alien .It will not die but will live forever .--BTW smart grand daughters are good too--I have two .:)

My great grandson Greyson is way more intelligent than he should be....but his first true love is powerlifting.

IMG-20220806-WA0035.jpg