Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So did I at his age!

The family put the little fella in a "beauty pageant" last night. He was the most disheveled looking dude up there. They tucked in his button down shirt, put his suspenders on, added a hat and boots. He promptly undid it all. My kids ain't geared for that fu fu stuff. LOL

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A LONG week, (to be followed by a short one). Maybe explains why the store has been so busy this week with labor day coming up.

Got a couple things to get out for a couple guys, so thanks for being patient.

Couple more pics from Sawland.

How old are these things? Came from another dealer, who signed on with Husky back in 1977. Might have been part of his new dealer kit. :)

IMG_0212.JPG

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Continuing the tour for guys who live too far away to visit. The extra building out back. Mostly used for shop overflow. Crazy amount of who knows what out there. Not many cool project saws left. Parts from other dealers we've bought out. Where the nice truck spends the winter. IMG_0210.JPG

KingCobra98

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
anything left for a 372xp?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing left men. Did a pretty orderly wind down and started early. Been seeing a lot of guys that we don't even know coming in looking for deals, and it's comical when they walk in and see the empty store. I think a lot of folks waited in the hope that there'd be hoe-out prices at the last minute, but we figured the sooner the better as far as running down the inventory was concerned. Not that you can actually get a lot of stuff. Have some 592's on backorder, and they are all sold if they ever show up. Don't really expect to see them.

KingCobra98

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing left men. Did a pretty orderly wind down and started early. Been seeing a lot of guys that we don't even know coming in looking for deals, and it's comical when they walk in and see the empty store. I think a lot of folks waited in the hope that there'd be hoe-out prices at the last minute, but we figured the sooner the better as far as running down the inventory was concerned. Not that you can actually get a lot of stuff. Have some 592's on backorder, and they are all sold if they ever show up. Don't really expect to see them.

I get it I worked in retail. I always laughed when we put a clearance sign out by product we couldn't sell, but leave the price the same and after we did that people started buying the product thinking they were getting an awesome deal.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there any plans for another Husky dealer to try and fill your shoes? I’m sure you have quite a big client list that will need service

KcChiefs2019

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You come to a point of life you know your days are limited ,Because less of it are ahead of you that's behind you and you wanted to leave some of it after an entire life time of doing it .I came from an entire of bunch mechanical wizards like by great grand father who invented the rotary concrete kiln among other things ..Then you have a grandson who is so smart at three years old you can't believe he's not an alien .It will not die but will live forever .--BTW smart grand daughters are good too--I have two .:)

Wow tht is cool ur great grandfather invented tht. Every spring I pass by one at what use to be Illinois cement, bought out by lone star cement. That thing was loud when they had it cranked up. The old Americans invented all the cool stuff.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not to veer off on that kick but I'll explain it .Great grand dad Fred was in the British corps of engineers and took the boat ride over the pond with his father Alfred H and a brother .The whole clan went through Ellis Island .Alfred H and Fred formed American non gran brass that made the engine bearings for the Spirit of St Louis .The company went into receivership and grand dad was recruited by Edison and thus the powdered coal kiln was born .Edison tried to put the screws to Fred and he bailed .Went to universal cement in Universal Pa where he was head engineer and perfected what Edison had not done .You'd never know if you first saw him .Never judge a book by it's cover .--so much for that. Except with that thick cockney accent he might as well been speaking Chinese .I have his 1950 Buick in my shop with 24,000 miles on it plus part of his machinist tools on my work bench in my garage .I'm the fourth generation to own them maybe the fifth .

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
2:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You come to a point of life you know your days are limited ,Because less of it are ahead of you that's behind you and you wanted to leave some of it after an entire life time of doing it .I came from an entire of bunch mechanical wizards like by great grand father who invented the rotary concrete kiln among other things ..Then you have a grandson who is so smart at three years old you can't believe he's not an alien .It will not die but will live forever .--BTW smart grand daughters are good too--I have two .:)

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm no more than a collector/restorer type .I can't imagine how many parts a person could amass over a period of 30 plus years being a dealer .In my case I know if I have a certain part but where it's at I have no idea .

The answer there Al is an awful lot. Uncovering some gems every day. Separating out some more of the classic Jonsered stuff as i have a couple of 930V's to build. (V is Jonnys designation for heated grips)

@Bob93065 Don't have any of those brake bands. Additional note regarding that stuff, is that Fri is our last day, and we are done with any parts shipping. Closing the books; UPS account goes away. Actually real happy with the way we ran down the parts inventory. Plenty of guys within driving distance stopped in and loaded up on stuff.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning Gents. Bringing this thread back up to share a couple thoughts. First, I'm really liking not being in that store 6 days a week after doing that for 30 years. It was a great run, but time to move on. Keeping busy and the days are flying by quicker than I thought they would.

Other reason, is that this sale as it was is really over and done. Still getting requests to ship out some parts, and there's really no longer a mechanism in place to do that, even if was inclined to do so. Prior to closing, everything was naturally run through the business. UPS did a daily pick up. Credit card machine, UPS account, are all shut off. Boxes all went in the cardboard dumpster.

Because there was no need for it, I never got set up with PayPal, or anything like that which you guys commonly use, so there's not even a way to process a transaction. And it's certainly not a direction I'm looking to go in at this juncture. Not now anyway. Apologies, especially on the NLA stuff. Maybe someday if I get the urge, but for me saws are 100% hobby now. Having fun too. Just trying to keep from running through the project list too fast.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning Gents. Bringing this thread back up to share a couple thoughts. First, I'm really liking not being in that store 6 days a week after doing that for 30 years. It was a great run, but time to move on. Keeping busy and the days are flying by quicker than I thought they would.

Other reason, is that this sale as it was is really over and done. Still getting requests to ship out some parts, and there's really no longer a mechanism in place to do that, even if was inclined to do so. Prior to closing, everything was naturally run through the business. UPS did a daily pick up. Credit card machine, UPS account, are all shut off. Boxes all went in the cardboard dumpster.

Because there was no need for it, I never got set up with PayPal, or anything like that which you guys commonly use, so there's not even a way to process a transaction. And it's certainly not a direction I'm looking to go in at this juncture. Not now anyway. Apologies, especially on the NLA stuff. Maybe someday if I get the urge, but for me saws are 100% hobby now. Having fun too. Just trying to keep from running through the project list too fast.

The knowledge you process is extremely valuable Bob. I'm just glad we have you as a member of our forum.