Holy cow look at all the saw chips!

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you all for helping make this a great day! Your respect of my place is very much appreciated! There was not one piece of garbage left outside to pick up. My garage was left neat as well.
Also A special thanks to all those who contributed in so many different ways.

Eric, your IT abilities helped to share this event with the world! How cool is that! And I have an awesome WiFi network at my place!!

Doc, you are an amazing chef, so many comments on the food. It truly is fantastic! And your generosity is very appreciated!

Angelo... Flowers for my wife... WOW! What a nice touch, she is so appreciative! And thanks for the welder [emoji41]
Sorry you weren’t able to meet my dad again...

Mel, the coffee maker was huge! I would have been making then one cup at a time on my French press... lol

Sondre, Eric, Darryl, and Mason, thank you for coming Iahead of time to help get organized.

Kevin, Those XXX’s are awesome,and thanks for the vise! My dad will be over the moon.
Oh and thank you for finally “showing up”! You beat my 394!! [emoji33]

Brandi, that Jag... oh my! So good. And the meatballs too!

John, thank you for coming and bringing your beautiful Wife Madeline! So cool that she comes to these events! Her and Brandi helped Yulyia to feel a bit more comfortable with all the men around.
And thank you for your insight on the 262!

I’m sure I’m forgetting someone...

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you all for helping make this a great day! Your respect of my place is very much appreciated! There was not one piece of garbage left outside to pick up. My garage was left neat as well.
Also A special thanks to all those who contributed in so many different ways.

Eric, your IT abilities helped to share this event with the world! How cool is that! And I have an awesome WiFi network at my place!!

Doc, you are an amazing chef, so many comments on the food. It truly is fantastic! And your generosity is very appreciated!

Angelo... Flowers for my wife... WOW! What a nice touch, she is so appreciative! And thanks for the welder [emoji41]
Sorry you weren’t able to meet my dad again...

Mel, the coffee maker was huge! I would have been making then one cup at a time on my French press... lol

Sondre, Eric, Darryl, and Mason, thank you for coming Iahead of time to help get organized.

Kevin, Those XXX’s are awesome,and thanks for the vise! My dad will be over the moon.
Oh and thank you for finally “showing up”! You beat my 394!! [emoji33]

Brandi, that Jag... oh my! So good. And the meatballs too!

John, thank you for coming and bringing your beautiful Wife Madeline! So cool that she comes to these events! Her and Brandi helped Yulyia to feel a bit more comfortable with all the men around.

Thank you dan @paragonbuilder for letting me join in on the fun. I met so many great people on Saturday and the food was delicious. Everyone there has great personality and it was a joy to be there. again, I really appreciate it.

It was great when the guys would let me try out there ported saws.

@RI Chevy jeff your ms460 is electric smooth! And the 660, it is unbelievable.

@Moparmyway that 661 is beast!

That ported 395 still leaves me in shock!

It was great to be around many people and great guys who have the same passion I do and hope to meet up against very soon.

Many thanks to all!

Last edited:

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Moparmyway that 661 is beast!
Thank you Chris !

That ported 395 still leaves me in shock!

If you're talking about this bulls nose 395, that was actually bone stock and brand new, except the muffler mod that Uncle Lee thought was done by Midas :D
This was the one running a 404 with an 8 tooth rim
2018-04-08 17.01.35.jpg

If you're talking about the saw that Sondre had, that one was on its first tank of fuel after a complete rebuild, bearings, seals, piston, rings, and new cylinder that was ported and machined

2018-03-26 19.07.19.jpg

@paragonbuilder
I brought in two extra egg sammiches for me & my son, on top of what you ordered .......... funny, but we turned to throw the bags away ( we each had one) and when we turned back ............. GONE !!
Every one of them were gone ......................................

Next time, we're gunna need a few more extra sammiches from Dixie;)

Last edited:

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you Chris !

If you're talking about this bulls nose 395, that was actually bone stock and brand new, except the muffler mod that Uncle Lee thought was done by Midas :D
View attachment 119874

If you're talking about the saw that Sondre had, that one was on its first tank of fuel after a complete rebuild, bearings, seals, piston, rings, and new cylinder that was ported and machined

View attachment 119875

@paragonbuilder
I brought in two extra egg sammiches for me & my son, on top of what you ordered .......... funny, but we turned to throw the bags away ( we each had one) and when we turned back ............. GONE !!

Mike Lee did a bulls horn setup on my 385 and I love the way it sings. Rattles ear drums when not wearing hearing protection so I suit up accordingly with that saw. When Ken was getting ready to mill that log you were milling with that 395 I used the 385 earlier to take that first side off so the mill jig would fit over it. Didn't disappoint! Bulls horn will be the standard for me... They breathe so well like that and respond! Your 395 is gonna be sick once ported... I nearly fell over when you said it was stock other than muffler when you were done milling. You were leaning on that chain and there was no stopping it. Beast!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you Chris !

View attachment 119874

View attachment 119875

@paragonbuilder

I was just trying to help you look better on camera...[emoji849]

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you Chris !

View attachment 119874

View attachment 119875

@paragonbuilder

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't believe I'm saying this but The 395s have the edge on a 660. The 661 I think could hang once their ported. It's just my 2¢ tho. @Moparmyway the first 395 I ran was faster than the 2nd one. I didn't notice they both had a bullnose mod.

I tell ya, running a 395 made me feel like I had kryptonite in my hands....it was a rush to say the least!

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm on the fence between the 661 and the 395.

They can both be made into whatever you want, and they will hang with each other.

@malk315
I do like how the bulls nose muffler mods keep the operator from getting blasted with chips, bark, and exhaust.
Way better running a saw without having to hold your breath.

I also believe that somehow, they just seem to work better, and the saws seem stronger with them. My new 395 was running an 8 tooth 404 all day. Imagine it with 375 ?

@David Young
That 346 of mine is way different with enough fuel .............. I hope you can get to the next CT GTG ............ and please bring that 346 you ran last. I aint touchin this cylinder !

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Chris. We gotta talk. LOL

Those Hooskies are strong, no doubt. [emoji106] Anything Kevin touches only gets better and stronger! [emoji481]

It was good to see several members from RI there. [emoji2]
You got some nice saws yourself there. [emoji106]

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Chris. We gotta talk. LOL

Those Hooskies are strong, no doubt. [emoji106] Anything Kevin touches only gets better and stronger! [emoji481]

It was good to see several members from RI there. [emoji2]
You got some nice saws yourself there. [emoji106]
Thanks Jeff for the compliment, I don't have many but I try to keep what I have looking good lol.

I mean Jeff, let's admit one thing, me and you are both stihl aficionados right? But I really hate saying this.. I do, but them Huskies can run dammit. And they got really good ergonomics.

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LOL.
Those Hooskies can run for sure. [emoji106]
It's all good, just funnin a little here. Don't want to ruffle the feathers of anyone tbe wrong way. LMAO
4ff7078d01412c6ec49497ef7296bc62.jpg
It's all good Jeff I just like to admit when something's good. I'm a die-hard in the womb creamsicle fan all the way. No question! Some saws do things better than others. Some have better design/construction on certain areas of them better than others. Huskies snarl/grunt their way through the wood, while Stihls' scream/whistle. It's all in what you like is what counts. Kevin's 661r
Is a beast. The sound reverberates through the ground as soon as it started.

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Chris @Stihlms
I don’t think we met on Saturday. Too bad. I was trying to say hello to everyone, but you must have slipped away. Or maybe you ran when you saw me coming... Lol
We need to put some Dolmar/Makitas in your hands too.
No problem we can meet up next time. I did have to leave a little early though I think I left around 4 I had to pick up my son. He was watching us over the wire through the live feed. He's only 2 but he loves it already. Lol.

Attachments

• KIMG0734.JPG
    KIMG0734.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 17

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LOL.
Those Hooskies can run for sure. [emoji106]
It's all good, just funnin a little here. Don't want to ruffle the feathers of anyone tbe wrong way. LMAO
4ff7078d01412c6ec49497ef7296bc62.jpg

You're hilarious!

Gotta say Jeff is one of the least full of chit guys here and I do respect that. There are some guys on either side that put on this fake objectivity act that is pretty transparent. I'd guess about a third of us are impartial and have both brands, but the other 2/3 of us lean strongly to Husky or Stihl. Nothing wrong with admitting that and as long as nobody takes it too seriously, it doesn't interfere with having a great time like we did on Sat. I just plain enjoyed hanging out with everyone and it didn't matter who ran what brand saw.

"I'm not a Stihl guy", but I do want to thank you Stihl folks for taking a bunch of those bars off my hands. :)

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're hilarious!

Gotta say Jeff is one of the least full of chit guys here and I do respect that. There are some guys on either side that put on this fake objectivity act that is pretty transparent. I'd guess about a third of us are impartial and have both brands, but the other 2/3 of us lean strongly to Husky or Stihl. Nothing wrong with admitting that and as long as nobody takes it too seriously, it doesn't interfere with having a great time like we did on Sat. I just plain enjoyed hanging out with everyone and it didn't matter who ran what brand saw.

"I'm not a Stihl guy", but I do want to thank you Stihl folks for taking a bunch of those bars off my hands. :)

It was a pleasure to finally get to shake your hand Sir!

I couldn't agree more Bob !
Jeff is one heck of a good guy, and he will break bowls all day, but he actually does have a secret stash of "other than Stihl" saws, and I was told that he has admitted to rubbing them at night

:tiburon:

I havta admit ...... the highlight of the day for me wasnt taking the crown from Dans 394, it wasnt watching my son beating up on Jeff in the cant only to hear Jeff bragging about 2nd place with one of his "worksaws", it wasnt even foolin a bunch of saw dudes with a bone stock 395 with just a muffler mod, nor was it handing a XXX to several new faces and yappin with them whilst we enjoyed the cold one ........................................( @Redfin ).......... it was FINALLY shaking the hand of my friend, the red finned one, and meeting his wife was just the icing on that cake

Last edited:

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was a pleasure to finally get to shake your hand Sir!

I couldn't agree more Bob !
Jeff is one heck of a good guy, and he will break bowls all day, but he actually does have a secret stash of "other than Stihl" saws, and I was told that he has admitted to rubbing them at night

:tiburon:
Jeff please elaborate more on this. Say It Isn't So!

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thanks for the invite Dan. We both had a great time.

On a side note, remember those pies I brought? Guess who completely forgot to take them out of the car Sat?:(

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm on the fence between the 661 and the 395.

They can both be made into whatever you want, and they will hang with each other.

@malk315
I do like how the bulls nose muffler mods keep the operator from getting blasted with chips, bark, and exhaust.
Way better running a saw without having to hold your breath.

I also believe that somehow, they just seem to work better, and the saws seem stronger with them. My new 395 was running an 8 tooth 404 all day. Imagine it with 375 ?

@David Young
That 346 of mine is way different with enough fuel .............. I hope you can get to the next CT GTG ............ and please bring that 346 you ran last. I aint touchin this cylinder !
I plan on making the next ct gtg. And I will bring my son next time. He’d love it and fall right in the fold. I had a blast. Thank you to all ecspecially Dan for hosting!

There were some rediculous saws there.

I’ll bring that oe 346. but think I’ll have to bring something a little stronger if I’m going to keep up with you on the other end of the cant. Let’s see what I can come up with.

You still want some other tops to play with?