You Wood Hauler

Tiewire

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not like all those big gas guzzling (sexy v8 sounding) monsters on your side of the pond, but damn this thing pulls better than a tractor. And as much as I try I've been unsuccessful in my endeavours to get it stuck somewhere yet

Mine has a little old 6 cylinder .

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This has a tiny straight 4! I have to admit it's gutless above 50mph though, my 0-60 isn't a case of time, it's only when going down hill

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
8:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Not like all those big gas guzzling (sexy v8 sounding) monsters on your side of the pond, but damn this thing pulls better than a tractor. And as much as I try I've been unsuccessful in my endeavours to get it stuck somewhere yet

View attachment 49599
I would take that over my "guzzler" any day.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would love to have an 89-93 F-150 4x4, long bed reg cab manual w/the 300 I6 OR the same year range 250 or 350 with the same setup but the 7.3 IDI instead. Either way it would be a tough firewood fetcher/pasture truck and be easy to work on when needed...

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a 95 F150 300 I6 4x4. Good truck except the 5 speed was the Mazda built M5OD. Busted the case twice where the transfer case bolted up. Both time was hauling wood, maybe a little too much and a little to throttle happy trying not to get stuck. Good old truck. I wish I would have kept it for hunting out of.

Stackowood

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Land Rover defender, dare I say it (I'm going to anyway just to hear all the snakes start hissing) the best off roader ever made ;)

Out here on the left coast some people buy Land Rovers at ridiculous prices so they can parade them around to the coffee shops. At least you put yours to good use!

land rover.jpg

(not mine, lifted from a local CL ad)

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 49599

Love to have one. If only to show my son's Wrangler the way.WP_20160808_005.jpg

Cigmaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would love to have an 89-93 F-150 4x4, long bed reg cab manual w/the 300 I6 OR the same year range 250 or 350 with the same setup but the 7.3 IDI instead. Either way it would be a tough firewood fetcher/pasture truck and be easy to work on when needed...

I keep telling the wife I'm going to get a new truck, but every time I drive the old gal I change my mind. I did put a carbon fiber posi out a cobra in it :headbang: the manual locking hubs and transfer case always work as well. Plus I'm not afraid to run a limb down the side or get in covered in chips.

Cigmaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a 95 F150 300 I6 4x4. Good truck except the 5 speed was the Mazda built M5OD. Busted the case twice where the transfer case bolted up. Both time was hauling wood, maybe a little too much and a little to throttle happy trying not to get stuck. Good old truck. I wish I would have kept it for hunting out of.

I had a older guy tell me to get the four speed.. glad to hear he was right lol.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Out here on the left coast some people buy Land Rovers at ridiculous prices so they can parade them around to the coffee shops. At least you put yours to good use!

View attachment 49927

(not mine, lifted from a local CL ad)

Look at those tiny wheels!! But yes I figure it can only go up in value now they've stopped making them!

Gears are our friend. I didnt realize those have a full float rear in them.

Salisbury axles all round on mine, equivalent to your Dana 60 axles on American trucks I believe

Love to have one. If only to show my son's Wrangler the way.View attachment 49930

I have to admit that's a pretty machine, however I had to go Land Rover due to patriotism alone!

wiersy111

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

View attachment 49599

Bring that sucker to this side of the pond I'll help you get it stuck!

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's roughly the style of trailer I'm going to get. I'd like to have the GN version, but, there's something to be said for a trailer that any of the trucks/SUVs can latch on to and drag if needed... I just want the flat deck for ease of loading/unloading and to be able to use as a mobile platform if/when needed. Kind of a Swiss Army trailer. Now, if it could also dump...