What's on your bench?

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
6:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the numbers an 009 but man I really can't see a difference.

View attachment 341823

View attachment 341824
I actually found a Bosch flywheel for an 056 on ebay for a ridiculously cheap price and ordered it, so I think I'm set for a flywheel. Looking at it I think the taper on your is similar to the narrow TS350 flywheel while the 056 flywheel has a fatter taper. I do appreciate your hunting, though.

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone replaced the original engine with a Chinese 190cc engine, the starter spring was broken, then the engine worked unevenly, so cleaning the carburettor. At the end, starting the drive because it is on the bushings in the old way, the mower is 23 years old and the engine is half of these years

Attachments

• 20220625_163718.jpg
    20220625_163718.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Hillbilly01

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got my father-in-law's 365 cleaned up and put back together over the weekend. Other than a few minor things and a TON of bar oil and chips packed in to every crevice, it really is a low hours saw, and I feel like it shows with a little elbow grease.20220626_101903.jpg 20220626_101835.jpg

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
8:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got my father-in-law's 365 cleaned up and put back together over the weekend. Other than a few minor things and a TON of bar oil and chips packed in to every crevice, it really is a low hours saw, and I feel like it shows with a little elbow grease.View attachment 341948 View attachment 341949
That's a really early one with the stupid front chain tensioner! And orange cover clips too.

Hillbilly01

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a really early one with the stupid front chain tensioner! And orange cover clips too.
Yes it is! He was telling me that he had a 61 and husky had a recall on it for the chain brake. His was 1 or 2 years that they could retro-fit the parts to in order to fix the issue so they gave him credit toward any saw he wanted and the 365 was even money. I think it's the first or second production year of the 365. I too hate the front tensioner! Working on getting a 390 cover to replace it and have the side tensioner option. Overall, it's a great running saw though. First husky I've ever ran, and other than being a little hefty, it's a great running saw.

Last edited:

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
1:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes it is! He was telling me that he had an earlier gen saw, maybe a 265, does that sounds right? And husky had a recall on it. They gave him and option of like 3 saws to replace it and he picked the 365. I think it's the first or second production year of the 365. I too hate the front tensioner! Working on getting a 390 cover to replace it and have the side tensioner option. Overall, it's a great running saw though. First husky I've ever ran, and other than being a little hefty, it's a great running saw.
I couldn't read the tag with my aging eyes, what year?
I'm starting a frankensaw build here using a 97 365 case and crank set. Next to no gusseting in the early cases around the bar studs. I saw Donny Walker say on his YT that the europeans never expected the length of bars that got used by other regions on 365s and 371s and 2s. Later cases have a lot more reinforcement added.
IMG_20220629_104452.jpg IMG_20220629_104136.jpg

Hillbilly01

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I couldn't read the tag with my aging eyes, what year?
I'm starting a frankensaw build here using a 97 365 case and crank set. Next to no gusseting in the early cases around the bar studs. I saw Donny Walker say on his YT that the europeans never expected the length of bars that got used by other regions on 365s and 371s and 2s. Later cases have a lot more reinforcement added.
Here's a pic of his serial tag, doesn't have a year listed but if the serial numbers are numerical then it's an older model than the case you have.20220628_185730.jpg

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone got a better way of removing 365/71/72 muffler bolt's if some previous idjit rounded out the hex?
I tried tapping a flat ended M5 Allen key in, I tried left hand drill bit too. Wouldn't spin out. Ended up drilling the hardened head off one (not quick) and then spinning the muffler off. Jug had to be off the saw of course.
Threads were not at all stuck, just the compressive force stopped them from undoing.
IMG_20220629_135634.jpg

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone got a better way of removing 365/71/72 muffler bolt's if some previous idjit rounded out the hex?
I tried tapping a flat ended M5 Allen key in, I tried left hand drill bit too. Wouldn't spin out. Ended up drilling the hardened head off one (not quick) and then spinning the muffler off. Jug had to be off the saw of course.
Threads were not at all stuck, just the compressive force stopped them from undoing.
View attachment 342077

I haven't found a way yet and my answer to some of those was exactly the same as yours. I was able to take an old flathead screwdriver and grind the sides down just enough to hammer it in and get a couple of those out fairly easy.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't found a way yet and my answer to some of those was exactly the same as yours. I was able to take an old flathead screwdriver and grind the sides down just enough to hammer it in and get a couple of those out fairly easy.
Nice. I was all the time thinking "if only I had a tapered hex to whack in".

I had plenty of time to think. Thems hard heads ay JJ.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice. I was all the time thinking "if only I had a tapered hex to whack in".

I had plenty of time to think. Thems hard heads ay JJ.
A neighbor taught me a trick with stuck/stripped hex head bolts, get a cheap-azz torx bit and hammer that m-fer into the bolt head. It worked on the poorly designed drain plug on a Polaris atv, it might work on that too. Last time I had a 365 exhaust bolt seize I partially drilled the head off before I realized the bolt was seized to the muffler so I could "unscrew" the muffler and screw as a unit. Turned out to be a waste of my f-ing time as the cylinder was a cheap a/m piece of garbage and the muffler was too trashed to use, but I got that bolt out!

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On a lighter note, the current thing on my bench is my new bench! I need to put a new top on it but it was free and I won't have to share a bench anymore! It's got a bunch of outlets scattered over it so I'll always have an outlet and it's got a fancy storage shelf above it! I'm thinking I'll install a light under the overhang and maybe stick my chain-measuring sticker on the upper shelf.
IMG_0966.JPG

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A neighbor taught me a trick with stuck/stripped hex head bolts, get a cheap-azz torx bit and hammer that m-fer into the bolt head. It worked on the poorly designed drain plug on a Polaris atv, it might work on that too. Last time I had a 365 exhaust bolt seize I partially drilled the head off before I realized the bolt was seized to the muffler so I could "unscrew" the muffler and screw as a unit. Turned out to be a waste of my f-ing time as the cylinder was a cheap a/m piece of garbage and the muffler was too trashed to use, but I got that bolt out!
Yeah, so you know where the head of that bolt is located and how hard it is to see whether you're winning ay Dan. I'm a ways out of town so have to "run what i brung" sometimes. I do have another 365 no SP muffler and OP jug to try another method on tho. Cheers for tip.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On a lighter note, the current thing on my bench is my new bench! I need to put a new top on it but it was free and I won't have to share a bench anymore! It's got a bunch of outlets scattered over it so I'll always have an outlet and it's got a fancy storage shelf above it! I'm thinking I'll install a light under the overhang and maybe stick my chain-measuring sticker on the upper shelf.
View attachment 342080
Your bench looks shorter than @PA Dan ‘s. Do you have hairy feet as well?