beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
3:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 139370 So this is stock. 359 is about 3ish mm larger. Really need a shoe horn to get it in. I exhausted my 4 and 5 letter vocabulary to the max but its in. View attachment 139371 I even drilled out the extra hole u need in the gasket in the carb kit. My buddy set me the tree mokey vid that is very good for noobs on how to rebuild the hda 199. Much thanks to everyone that has throw knowledge my way leading up to this part. Tomorrow im gonna start building a hot saw:D just kiddin:D

Trim the edge of the carb floor so the bigger air horn isn't jammed up against it otherwise you're impeding movement in the intake tract and your gonna eventually cause an air leak. Having it wedged in there is not a good thing.
4f7dd3d046d3c39e1f68cb780a18ef96.jpg

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
9:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are populare nowadays ;)
_DSC5007.jpg

short wires....so I drilled them holes them handles got in 93-94...
_DSC5009.jpg

This plastic mounting for them wires is probleby NLA nowadays..
_DSC5012.jpg

3 different coils who belong to the serie who got advanced timings (I think two of my older builds has another type who happen to have the advanced timing). For them who wonder how to sort them out, the first one with advanced timing got a brown ground wire, the last versions has no ground wire.
_DSC5013.jpg

Not sure what carb she will get...doubt any of those, probleby a new 198, them shafts has to be used before or later..
_DSC5014.jpg

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
2:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The carb has an internal vent for the metering plate. If one uses a gasket without the tiny extra hole, the diaphragm can’t move and the saw leans out.

If the correct hole is in the gasket/diaphragm, there’s no need to drill the metal. But drilling the hole is cheap insurance and easy/safe to do.
Ok so that was my 2nd question. If u could have both hole in gasket/diaprahm and top metal lid. I will do both. Thank u!
Have no fear of putting a small hole in the lid as all you are doing is allowing the atmospheric pressure to act directly on the metering diaphragm as needed.
It will assist the internal hole that Scot shows needing to be unblocked if using the different diaphragm.
X2

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
9:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trim the edge of the carb floor so the bigger air horn isn't jammed up against it otherwise you're impeding movement in the intake tract and your gonna eventually cause an air leak. Having it wedged in there is not a good thing.
this is very important.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
2:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah man ur sayin i got to take it back apart? LOL! I prob should of done that in the first place. I should of know better. If u look at that pic u can see the rubber insulators that hold the filter housing the left one is all the way foward and the right one is all the wayback. Deff tweaked. I will change that. Thanks.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
3:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah man ur sayin i got to take it back apart? LOL! I prob should of done that in the first place. I should of know better. If u look at that pic u can see the rubber insulators that hold the filter housing the left one is all the way foward and the right one is all the wayback. Deff tweaked. I will change that. Thanks.
I'd bet your throttle linkage is binding also.