Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
10:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes and if you get the saw, send me a pm and I will pay for a new piston.
WOW ............ thats very generous of you.
I certainly hope he considers your offer as well

Is there anything else that is needed for this saw? Looks like I missed the boat on this one. :(
Havent you already done enough ?
Besides, this crotchety old jar head is stubborn as a mule in heat on a hot summer day with a case of the squirts due to eating too many apples .............. and stuff

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Besides, this crotchety old jar head is stubborn as a mule in heat on a hot summer day with a case of the squirts due to eating too many apples .............. and stuff

Who are you calling old??? By my figurin, you got me by at least 15 years. Hell, you are old enough to have dated ole Ma Mopar!

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
026 gurus, please gather around......

As previously stated (and pictured) I recently inherited the 026 my father bought new in 1992. I plan on keeping this as my go-to saw and want to do a port job and some power and reliability upgrades. I have been searching and reading every thread and post I can find as to what works and what doesn’t. I don’t have access to a lathe anymore :-( so all of the work will be done by hand with a Dremel. I want it to keep it 100% stock appearing.

Ok, meat and potatos: stock jug and piston look perfect, has 194 fully adjustable carb and the original wire mesh air filter. My tentative plans are to do a relatively aggressive porting job and BGD with a meteor piston and cabers. I will use the old piston to “sand” the squish to an acceptable level; .012-.016 is goal there. The coil is where I have the biggest question. I know fast majority of aftermarket coils are pure junk, but have read the Ducati ‘blue’ coils are the tits on these saws. I have found 3 different Ducati coils for the 026/260 platform. Does anyone have a specific part number for the correct coil?
I don’t have a specific PN. The blue resin coils just seem to not have any off idle issues, that is about it. In terms of top end power, they all seem to be the same.

Your squish should be .009-.012 without a base gasket stock.

Kevin’s the best they come. Thankfully, I’m 15 minutes away from him.

PM sent.

Last edited:

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Pot calling the kettle black?

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys are amazing.

I can’t believe how many people have jumped up with offers to help out. Blows my mind! To be clear; I was NOT seeking any sort of discount or free stuff! I am a very humble individual and am kind of embarrassed by the recognition of my employment. I am being medically retired, can’t deny that, but I only brought that up because it makes the next few months very frustrating. . I try to do everything on the frugal side whenever possible, as do most of us. I came here (and to AS) to learn, ask questions, share what I know and provide assistance; just like everyone else. My preference is to do things on my own because:
A. Its how I was raised and tends to be more cost effective,
B: There may come a time when I have no choice but to know how to do it myself,
C: I love working with my hands and thrive for knowledge and experience.

I am not sure how to pay forward all the generosity bestowed upon me, but I damn well will!

mikerudder

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
16F2CC5E-4937-4040-B1AF-A62AE09C7468.jpeg

3 034 Projects
2 of them have bad tanks but the P&C’s are in mint condition
2 are open port
1 is closed port

I might be starting a build thread and pick your guys brains about what route I should go! (Open vs Closed Port)
Or 1 of each one I collect a few parts!

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 117503

3 034 Projects
2 of them have bad tanks but the P&C’s are in mint condition
2 are open port
1 is closed port

I might be starting a build thread and pick your guys brains about what route I should go! (Open vs Closed Port)
Or 1 of each one I collect a few parts!

The only answer is always ‘at least one of each’ or ‘Get Both’

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice. Are you running the metal mesh filter?