laslabjohn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
C
Finally finished, all parts are nos except bearings they are dominant hybrids.
Took a while piece by piece.
Crank, P/c, clutch, oiler, muffler, 9105, coil, carb, all plastics, the west coast cover is the old school for non tapered studs, recoil cover. Are all nos

Local time
5:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

WOW! Just, WOW! Amazing job.

I was at that saw shop working on a couple saws that came in (doing real basic stuff: fuel lines, sprocket changes, tune-ups, cleaning muffler screens) and had to go to the junk pile for a couple parts. Rooting around looking for a Poulan chain adjuster I see a box over in a dark corner. When I moved the box there was a complete but very dirty 2100 hiding under it. I asked where it came from and the owner told me it was his personal saw he cut with for years. Hasn’t run in 3-4 years. He started reminiscing and telling stories of the old days. He said that he even has 2 factory bows for it somewhere in the shop too. Said it was a waste to be sitting in a dusty old shop as its a workhorse with a lot of life left in her. Hopefully by the end of the week it will have a new home.

Drptrch

Coastal Fartknocker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
WOW! Just, WOW! Amazing job.

I was at that saw shop working on a couple saws that came in (doing real basic stuff: fuel lines, sprocket changes, tune-ups, cleaning muffler screens) and had to go to the junk pile for a couple parts. Rooting around looking for a Poulan chain adjuster I see a box over in a dark corner. When I moved the box there was a complete but very dirty 2100 hiding under it. I asked where it came from and the owner told me it was his personal saw he cut with for years. Hasn’t run in 3-4 years. He started reminiscing and telling stories of the old days. He said that he even has 2 factory bows for it somewhere in the shop too. Said it was a waste to be sitting in a dusty old shop as its a workhorse with a lot of life left in her. Hopefully by the end of the week it will have a new home.

Very nice [emoji106], fingers crossed

Erik

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As previously state I should be acquiring a 2100 by the end of the week. Looking for aome first hand experience on any quirks/things I need to look out for

On a saw that old I'd plan on popping new seals and a fuel line in it before use. Seals are the same as a 288/395, AM ones are fine. Molded fuel line is probably NLA from Husky but AM ones work fine.

They have a governed carb so tune them in the cut or disable the governor since they have been know to fail.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On a saw that old I'd plan on popping new seals and a fuel line in it before use. Seals are the same as a 288/395, AM ones are fine. Molded fuel line is probably NLA from Husky but AM ones work fine.

They have a governed carb so tune them in the cut or disable the governor since they have been know to fail.
Any specifics on procedure to disable the governor? I assume there are probably 50 threads on it already