Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My first concrete saw. Dolmar 309
View attachment 377462
Did you ever meet Mr Floyd Eccleston from my pleasant, mi. Archery hall of fame, he travel with his arrowhead collection. I was on an archery league at his shop. He was good friends with Fred Bear, Floyd was a better archer and story teller.

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cleaned up the P70 roughly ;-) and I'm waiting for the piston / I looked into the carburetor because it does not hold pressure, the lever is too high, there is no strainer and an interesting small connector to the fuel line . I wonder if the coil is good

Attachments

• 20230513_145433.jpg
    20230513_145433.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230513_153128.jpg
    20230513_153128.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you ever meet Mr Floyd Eccleston from my pleasant, mi. Archery hall of fame, he travel with his arrowhead collection. I was on an archery league at his shop. He was good friends with Fred Bear, Floyd was a better archer and story teller.
I never met anyone like that! I was into archery as a young man. I was about 13 when I figured out how to make a sight (of sorts) using masking tape and a straight pin with an orange bead I got from a fishing lure. It was so inconspicuous that I had everybody at summer camp fooled for a time. Bullseye after bullseye. One of the camp counselors asked me to remove it while at the same time praising my resourcefulness, explaining that it was unfair to the other competitors. I suggested the other shooters could do the same as I and she told my parents I was a smart ass. Lol
My days shooting arrows ended when I fell out of a tree after making a shot. Fell on my recurve bow and broke it. Still is painful when I think about it. Missed.

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This morning I ran the piss out of this 166. I was really not looking forward to it because it wears me out just starting it. I would not be exaggerating to say you need to pull that thing 15-20 times before it’ll start cold. And it’s a hard pull too.While I had verified spark on the bench, I don’t remember running it since replacing the coil, and now I have a different air filter setup and I’d made a repair to the air deflector at the starter so I figured it’d be a good time to. The saw coughed on the fifth pull and started two pulls later! This is cold from a just filled tank too. I was very happy about that. I knew the old coil was finicky but I guess I just expected a fight. Saw ran great after a few adjustments and looked good doing it. I’m happy.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This morning I ran the piss out of this 166. I was really not looking forward to it because it wears me out just starting it. I would not be exaggerating to say you need to pull that thing 15-20 times before it’ll start cold. And it’s a hard pull too.While I had verified spark on the bench, I hadn’t run it since replacing the coil, and now I have a different air filter setup and I’d made a repair to the air deflector at the starter so I figured it’d be a good time to. The saw coughed on the fifth pull and started two pulls later! This is cold from a just filled tank too. I was very happy about that. I knew the old coil was finicky but I guess I just expected a fight. Saw ran great after a few adjustments and looked good doing it. I’m happy.
View attachment 378381
One to own, 👍

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been remodeling this teardrop camper for my neighbor IMG_20230520_180243.jpg
He's in a wheelchair so I'm raising the floor to make it more accessible for him
And putting linoleum and wall panels in and rewiring it IMG_20230520_180308.jpg
I thought it was manufactured but actually a hotrod builder made it to go to car shows
It's very well made.
Except he left 2 screws through the hatch
About 3" proud
I ripped part of my scalp open
Bled an impressive amount.
His dogs now have the taste of human blood IMG_20230510_144055.jpg
It stopped bleeding quickly but I was covered in it then I needed materials so I went to the hardware store
Nobody said anything.