What's on your bench?

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
9:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you fit that style air filter to saws. I have a 066 thats missing the filter cover and thinking of putting that style on but not sure what all i need. Could you send some more pics please?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
It’s a 2” velocity stack with custom adapter plate to still use cover for carb box

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
359 update. Going together and decided to share a lil mod. Used a 350 dog for the bracket. (The cut up one and stock to show what was done. Sorry i threw a piece away but u get the jist.)
372 dog with roller catcher was installed on the 359. Had to do some modding to that dog as well. Bottom hole was oblonged and relief cut for the bottom of case. Top hole was slotted. Bracket was made as an extra strengthener prob overkill but wanted to share.
Also makes the Hooskie kickstand most importantly:D
And with the extra width thre is still ton of thread on bolts.View attachment 241843View attachment 241844View attachment 241846View attachment 241847 View attachment 241849
Is this thing running yet? Did I miss the video? What the heck?

WillG

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
MS180C got a new carb. Runs excellent! Couldn't put the supplied chain on as it's running a narrow kerf (0.043) chain and the one he got was a .050. Kinda cute almost looks like a real saw lol.

Shindaiwa trimmer got a new coil. Runs great.
9007c3e9dd6bab73133a9bde795f5b49.jpg
068f613644a0057fe0e2b78650fe2735.jpg
1fe2f9a598f774b6b8fb109ef861a11a.jpg

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could use some help with this one...I have a McCulloch trimmer that is giving me fits. New piston and cylinder, compression is around 125 PSI, crankcase holds pressure and vacuum. Spark seems to be O.K. I have been through the carburetor several times and it always passes the pressure test. I have checked and adjusted the metering lever to make sure it is just flush with the floor of the carburetor.

Unit will start easily, often without choking it at all. Runs fine for a minute or two then starts bogging down, threated to die if I open the throttle, and then dies and won't restart. You can hear what sounds like fuel boiling in the cylinder after it dies. Frequently when it is just setting there hot or cold it drips fuel out of the carburetor. How can that be if the metering needle is seating properly as evidenced by the pressure test? Has anyone had a bad experience with the check valves in the primer/purge bulb section of the carburetor?

Mark

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could use some help with this one...I have a McCulloch trimmer that is giving me fits. New piston and cylinder, compression is around 125 PSI, crankcase holds pressure and vacuum. Spark seems to be O.K. I have been through the carburetor several times and it always passes the pressure test. I have checked and adjusted the metering lever to make sure it is just flush with the floor of the carburetor.

Unit will start easily, often without choking it at all. Runs fine for a minute or two then starts bogging down, threated to die if I open the throttle, and then dies and won't restart. You can hear what sounds like fuel boiling in the cylinder after it dies. Frequently when it is just setting there hot or cold it drips fuel out of the carburetor. How can that be if the metering needle is seating properly as evidenced by the pressure test? Has anyone had a bad experience with the check valves in the primer/purge bulb section of the carburetor?

Mark
Have you tried a different carb Mark? I have no idea what it could be but thats what I would try.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Mark
Even though the lever is flush, sometimes they still need adjusting. Thicker vs thinner gaskets, bigger button on the metering diaphragm, etc