High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

What's on your bench?

Local time
11:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a guy ask if I could put a P&C on a saw. What shows up looked like a Hutzl kit someone poured oil and sawdust on. I learned to not give "a rough guess" or " a ballpark guess" or " about how much you think" without seeing the job. I have had more than one piece of equipment show in a box after someone thought they were handy. I really like it when all the bolts nuts and screws are in a bag unlabeled. Usually doubles the labor price because I have to do puzzle solving. I have considered a stupidity surcharge for some jobs.

This is exactly why we keep a spare parts bin. I try to keep each and every spare nut/bolt/screw and parts that I can.

RD35

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Bought an 028WB in a box once. Guy was a saw-rebuilder who had acquired too many projects and needed to sell this one unfinished. I figured it would be a puzzle to solve for sure, but decided to just go for it. When the box arrived I opened it up and, to my surprise and delight, every nut bolt and screw was individually packaged in tiny little ziplock baggies and labeled. WOW! At the conclusion of the assembly I only had to supply one little bolt...which I had in my drawer of spare hardware! Saw was absolutely beautiful and ran great! I bet that will never happen to me again!

Currently have an 025 scattered across my bench. New piston, seals, and pan bolts going back in. Also installing a used replacement rear handle assembly. Wish I had been able to see that the one I bought online was a different shade of orange. Now the air filter cover doesn't match. Not sure how to fix this problem. Hmm......

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
10:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bought an 028WB in a box once. Guy was a saw-rebuilder who had acquired too many projects and needed to sell this one unfinished. I figured it would be a puzzle to solve for sure, but decided to just go for it. When the box arrived I opened it up and, to my surprise and delight, every nut bolt and screw was individually packaged in tiny little ziplock baggies and labeled. WOW! At the conclusion of the assembly I only had to supply one little bolt...which I had in my drawer of spare hardware! Saw was absolutely beautiful and ran great! I bet that will never happen to me again!

Currently have an 025 scattered across my bench. New piston, seals, and pan bolts going back in. Also installing a used replacement rear handle assembly. Wish I had been able to see that the one I bought online was a different shade of orange. Now the air filter cover doesn't match. Not sure how to fix this problem. Hmm......

Dye it black.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got some Husky 55's and 51's. Some I have partially disassembled. Going to try to make a couple runners out of the lot. Got two closed port 55 cylinders. The 51 and other 55 have open port cylinders.

Three more to work on to figure out what those need.

Anyone have any interest in one? Planning to sell these as complete runners.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got some Husky 55's and 51's. Some I have partially disassembled. Going to try to make a couple runners out of the lot. Got two closed port 55 cylinders. The 51 and other 55 have open port cylinders.

I might, first saw I ever owned was a 55. Wouldn't mind having one again.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bought a 2266 new i had to pull the factory limiters.
Wouldn't allow it to be tuned properly
The limiters were clocked wrong on the needles
Is the best i can describe it.
Hopefully people pay attention or have someone tune saws for them.
I bought a new echo 590 set way too lean from the factory.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I might. I have (2) 51s and a 55 in pieces. The 55 is getting the 028S piston.

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Coltont @Cat 525 how do you keep a nice veneer tree from splitting when it hits the ground? Any tricks? Just trying to learn some more.
You gotta keep those crotches flat, i'f your pulling them with a skidder the operator can't pull them to fast. Set the stump up rite. Typically if you know how to cut timber you wont foul up a veneer log on the butt. It's the stuff that's out of your control, and it'll break the log from crotch down. Cut stuff out from under your tree your cutting, don't roll it off other trees unless you know what to do on the stump.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Bought a 2266 new i had to pull the factory limiters.
Wouldn't allow it to be tuned properly
The limiters were clocked wrong on the needles
Is the best i can describe it.
Hopefully people pay attention or have someone tune saws for them.
I bought a new echo 590 set way too lean from the factory.

Did you try the splined tool to adjust the carb like a 395 uses? The RWJ4 can be adjusted with a screw driver so far, but the splined tool is so much easier and bypasses the limiters for ya

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time