Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
10:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Buy a half cow, I haven’t bought grocery store beef in a few years. My 1/2 hog should be in soon!

I have before. You don't really get as many steaks as you would think, especially ribeyes or filets. Lots of roasts and lots of hamburger. But the price is right for sure...

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
11:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have before. You don't really get as many steaks as you would think, especially ribeyes or filets. Lots of roasts and lots of hamburger. But the price is right for sure...
I got 9 ribeyes and 11 porterhouse steaks, 1.5” thick bone in. But yes, about 80 pounds of ground and all the other stuff.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Rack of lamb this evening. I'm not a lamb fan, but this was pretty tasty. Couldn't quite get out of the evening sun for the picture. It was a more normal color in real life. View attachment 310562

Looks like you get the trophy award from me, as I love lamb! :campeon:

41FanForLife

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone here ever smoke any beef ribs? I ordered up a 6 bone rack from a local butcher near me. Will pick them up Friday after work and on the Pit Boss early Sunday. Looking for some hints or tips if anybody got some ideas

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone here ever smoke any beef ribs? I ordered up a 6 bone rack from a local butcher near me. Will pick them up Friday after work and on the Pit Boss early Sunday. Looking for some hints or tips if anybody got some ideas
I prefer short ribs vs the whole plate for a few reasons. Any of them can be really fatty though, I’ll never buy another plate again. Too much money for them to be bad from the start.