Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gfy.

Err, I mean, what's up, Nic? I was gonna wait till I had something rolling on the griddle before I took any pictures, but since you asked. View attachment 253423 View attachment 253422

Not having used it, I think it'd be nice if the grate section in the middle was maybe 2/3 as big as it is and the solid portion was larger. Maybe I'll feel differently once I use it. I figure I can set a cast iron skillet in the middle if I want more flat space.

It's more of an experiment than anything else. If I love it I'll keep it. If not, I paid about what the Arteflame costs by itself, so it shouldn't be too hard to liquidate the whole rig.

rps20200808_133215_254.jpg rps20200808_133232_253.jpg

Our chicken, onions, peppers, and zucchini. My friend Judith baked the bread from WI-grown wheat, and my friend Rama made the cheese from milk from her Jerseys. Could be worse.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's a riddle in there somewhere :cool:

Would love to see what the finished product looked like, even before pulled.

They end up looking pretty blackened. Which is why I leave the fat cap on. When cooking a bunch like this appearance is not a big concern. Being hot enough internally to pull really well is far more important.

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
May I ask what cut of meat it is sir?
Butts. All of it hand sliced into thin short strips for tacos. I had 4 butts, that's a lot of knife work. Pulled, picked, shredded 5 whole chickens as well. They had a propane fired flat top griddle to toast the corn tortillas and a nice array of condiments.

The guy that made the marinade, doesn't hand out the recipe. I did manage to leave with some of it:D