Whats on the Grill or Smoker?

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
3:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yah the original Frank's or Tabasco. When I first made it I actually had someone ship me a couple bottles of TP. Then I was in a dollar store a mile from the house that had it on the shelf. It's such a small amount though I doubt it makes a huge difference.

Franks is probably closer to the Texas Pete than Tabasco. But as you stated with it being a minimal amount it may not matter to you guys. Most restaurants that have a bottle on the table labeled "Lexington" sauce miss any semblance of it by a long shot. You guys sound like you're on the right track though. At times when the might is RIGHT I use no sauce. Other times I use sauce -- usually a case by case basis.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found one at a better price than the one I talked about last week. Yes a 22.5, will need a link to the mods you made on yours.
Did 5 mods to my 22.5” WSM...well worth the investment. Of course I won my 22.5” in a local Marine Corps Detachment raffle, for a $10 ticket. Not very costly for all the mods...

1) buy another, exact charcoal grate, run it perpendicular/cross ways to the original grate...Amazon is your friend here. I tied both my grates together with stainless steel wire in four areas around the perimeter (N,S,E,W) pulled/looped tight then twisted, snipped with dykes. I used .032 diameter SS wire.

2) buy 3” stem locking casters, or 4”, for the bottom legs...Harbor Freight. $15 bucks. You’ll need that crazy ass 1/2” fine thread nut for the castors. If you can’t find any, holler at me. It’s not a common 1/2” fine thread, it’s even a finer thread...can’t even find them in Lowe’s or HD, in their Hard To Find Hardware vidmars. I bought a box of 50 for about $12 from Amazon. Could of bought six, but they wanted $8 for the six. Simple math there...

3) buy two black door pull handles for the center cylinder...pattern them out, drill, bolt on.

4) and 5)...go to Cajunbandit.com ...buy the lid hinge and buy the center cylinder lock kit. They offer a cylinder lock kit with 2” caster deal...just buy the cylinder lock kit, get bigger locking casters elsewhere...see above. Cajunbandit is kinda pricey, I think right now they’re running 10% off...they’re literally the only company who does mod’s for the WSM’s. Check their site out...you’ll see some neat things. I put a Lava-Lock gasket on my aluminum access door, but they sell stainless steel doors for access to the coals/water pan that seal pretty good from the reviews I read, without the use of a gasket.

Cajunbandit has several mod’s for the WSM’s. What I did to mine is pretty much basic and it makes it one helluva smoking/mobile machine.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I brined the loin for 24 hrs, first time I tried that with pork loin. We’ll see how it turned out shortly, it’s resting at the moment