High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

What's behind the username ?

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
7:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So we have a face behind the name, but what I wanna know is how did you come up with your username ? Very few of us use our real names so I'm curious as to the story behind it all.

My handle Magic_Man came from my early days of guitar amplifier repair. I was green and just learning so I liked to hang out in as many old guitar shops as I could. Absorbing the knowledge from old timers that liked to share. I walked into a shop one day and there sat a Marshall amplifier making the craziest sound I had ever heard. I looked at the Nick the owner and he shrugged his shoulders. Ol Nick said that amp had been to at least three other shops and they had hooked it up to all kinds of fancy diagnostic equipment, oscilloscopes, test loads and such. It had made its rounds and nobody could figure it out over a years time. I asked if I could take a look, he replied with " might as well, can't hurt it." After about ten minutes on the bench I pulled the boards and flipped them over. Sure enough there was a swollen capacitor and another leaking. I asked him if he had replacements and he said yes, but was still reluctant. I soldered in the new parts and fired the ol Marshall up for a test. Sure enough that was the issue and that old amp sang like no other. Ol Nick came running back to the workbench and hollered " God Damn ! You the MAGIC MAN ! ". It's stuck every since, once I started my own full time repair business that name stayed with me.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3rd generation of internal combustion engine tinkerers,Growing up,every one one in the house were motor heads.

And I thought you were a Lemmy Fan

Motorhead.jpg

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My real name is Brian

When I was in Jr high playing football.
My dad told me that I'll never be as big as William "The Refridgorator" Perry.
He then started calling me the
"Styrofoam Cooler". I have been called Sty ever since.

The "57" is because I have a 57 Belair that is now looking to be a retirement project.

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been in some aspect of the bill collection business for 35+ years. The former Chairman of the Board of the Virginia BC-BS Plan gave me the name Guido, he joked when he hired me that I would break some kneecaps. The salvage part came from an employee after I started accumulating excess office equipment and furniture and doling it out to others.