Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well folks there are many great holidays that we celebrate. We all have ones that are special to us for personal reasons. That does not make one any more important than another. We all have things that touch us. As things go the good Lord takes us home when he needs us but for whatever reason he has taken most of my family around a holiday. One Grandpa at Ground Hog day (yes that is a made up holiday I know). One Grandpa at Easter. One Grandma at Mother's Day. One Grandma the day before her 97th birthday. My last uncle at Mother's Day.

The one that stands out most is my Father. He passed just a few days ahead of Memorial Day. Memorial Day was very important day to him as well as it is to I. I keep a flag on my pole 24/7/365 and yes folks it is lit. The last few years come Memorial Day weekend I have put out additional flags but I just felt they were never enough. This year I was planning a larger display. I had 65 flags that I had planned to display but lack of available materials and yes some miscalculations on my part led to only 34. I do have two more very special ones for Monday though.

I took some pictures today although I am the worst photographer in the world.

On a side note folks. I live on a dead end single lane road. I just do this because I love the USA and I fully respect those who have served and sacrificed

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What did others do this weekend?