High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Remember the Beatles song, "I should have known better"?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dude next door is a Stihl guy. Does home repair/construction stuff and we help each other out. I work on his equipment and he does stuff on my house I'd rather not tackle anymore. So after 30 years of turning away Stihls, (local stihl dealer was walking distance from my shop), now I'm working on them. But Curt is a great guy, drinking buddy, and like the old saying goes, you never really appreciate good neighbors until you get a bad one. I had some siding that got damaged in a recent wind storm. The top layer just under the gutter on a 2 story house. My ladder wasn't really long enough either

No problem Bob, I'll take care of that. Got another stihl I need ya to work on.

Sure, just bring it over. It's a basket case concrete saw. I hate stone saws. Never even messed with the Huskys. But I couldn't wimp out on the job. Plus he ordered all the parts. And I mean ALL the parts. Not really sure this was worth the effort. 20240418_072741.jpg

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But got it back together last night, and she's running fine. For how long? I don't know. Those AM parts looked mighty crude. Especially the crank. Bearings not quite as smooth as you like to feel with new ones. Think he better run a little more oil in his mix on this old girl.

Bring a bottle when you pick it up. I have cups 🥤 in the shop.

bucketofguts

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a few LP's of said band! Some good listenig from time to time. Most of mine in real mono from the master tapes or early pressings.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
8:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Years ago a local masonry company was selling out. The owner was ready to retire and he had done well in life. His primary focus had been block and brick work. He had pallets and pallets of Stihl concrete saws. The auction sale bill said (12) well that was basically just one pallet and there were many pallets. They were pretty much all the same model but I cannot remember which one. They were in all different conditions from clearly parts to somewhat decent looking. I was talking with the owner and asked him why so many and why he did not repair some of them. He said the man running that saw is $80 per hour and he could not afford for a saw to be not running. He just bought a lot of new saws and ran them til they puked. There was a local masonry equipment company that apparently was getting them at a reduced price from Stihl and selling them in quantity to contractors. Stihl was not making that company stock anything but the concrete saws.

Last edited:

EFSM

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that a TS400? If so, I'd say that was one of Stihl's better concrete saw. Much more reliable fuel system wise than the 420's.