High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What oil is best? and what ratio?

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Do you feel it's true that some semi synthetics still have qualities that protect metal and rubber, and those qualities are lost when an oil is refined into a full synthetic?
No doubt about it. Some synthetics are terrible at protecting metal from rust.

Blackgreyhounds

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would love a fun to drive German vehicle one day, but cannot afford the repair bills for their over engineering right now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It is possible to get into a 10-15 y.o. used one for not too much money at all. If you can do some of the inevitable repairs yourself, it's not terrible. I'm not great with repairs but I have a great local small shop that specializes in older German cars and they are very kind to offer advice, even if I choose to do something DIY. They know I'll need their help and will provide them plenty of business whenever I get in over my head. Not everyone is so lucky.

<DoB>

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody ever run this?
20180412_081825.png

<DoB>

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20180412_180455.png
99% sure its a oil for watercooled motors as in tcw3.

Here is a screenshot I took off the RP website.....I see what you mean about the tcw3 rating but it also says it's recommended for chainsaws and other outdoor power equipment. I figured everybody has been talking about the Schaeffer's oil and was wondering about this stuff. Someone asked me if I wanted a quart they had in their shop because they didn't use 2 cycle oil anymore since they bought their new 4 cycle trimmer

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At 32:1, there is more oil in the mix, so more fuel us needed. Gotta open the H a bit more.
So at 40:1 under the same carb settings, there will be less oil in the mix and more fuel, the tune will thus be richer, thus lower RPMs.