What oil is best? and what ratio?

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Saws are addicted to Amsoil Dominator @ 32:1.
Recently had a quart of Amsoil Dominator given to me. I have been using Amsoil Sabre @ 40:1 with 90 octane E free fuel. Okay to switch & use this quart up @ the same formula with no issues?
I think Mastermind Randy mentioned he likes this oil & he’s seen the inside of a chainsaw or two. Thanks guys,

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Recently had a quart of Amsoil Dominator given to me. I have been using Amsoil Sabre @ 40:1 with 90 octane E free fuel. Okay to switch & use this quart up @ the same formula with no issues?
I think Mastermind Randy mentioned he likes this oil & he’s seen the inside of a chainsaw or two. Thanks guys,
I’ve had zero trouble with it at 40ish to 1. I’d say use with confidence

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm almost to the end of my jug of ipone sled oil. Time to buy more, but I can't get it in the US anymore. The local carquest sells Shaeffer's. Which one is the good one, and how does it rate on the stink factor?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm almost to the end of my jug of ipone sled oil. Time to buy more, but I can't get it in the US anymore. The local carquest sells Shaeffer's. Which one is the good one, and how does it rate on the stink factor?
No smell to either one of them. Doesn’t matter which one you run, but I’d run them at 32:1

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No smell to either one of them. Doesn’t matter which one you run, but I’d run them at 32:1
32:1 for sure, I wouldn't have it any other way!

(Which drives my brother nuts - he believes the local Stihler, who told him that too much oil is bad for his saw, and to only run Stihl Ultra at 50:1 because it's the only good oil...)

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
4:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

(Which drives my brother nuts - he believes the local Stihler, who told him that too much oil is bad for his saw, and to only run Stihl Ultra at 50:1 because it's the only good oil...)
I know the feeling, until I became educated on the subject! 32:1 is all I mix now.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

All I can say is, even with fuel stabilizer this stuff turns rancid after a month or so. Had a puke orange hue and smelled awful, I dumped it on the asphalt to evaporate.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All I can say is, even with fuel stabilizer this stuff turns rancid after a month or so. Had a puke orange hue and smelled awful, I dumped it on the asphalt to evaporate.
Likely old and had a bunch of ethanol in it

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Both the 7k and 9k are great oil. Those and Amsoil Dominator are all I run anymore.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been running Saber at 40:1 in all my saws for quite some time and, nothing against the other oils, but I see no reason to change.

I believe it is right up there with the rest of them. Burns clean and lubricates well.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Likely old and had a bunch of ethanol in it

Respectfully, it was fresh gas from a very high volume station that I've used in all my 2 and 4 stroke engines for years. Any station can get a bad batch of gas but I suspect this is not the case here.