What oil is best? and what ratio?

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I remember to, I might experiment with running Klotz Benol @ 25:1 somewhat long term to see how clean the engine stays. I've used it that way short term to find the inside so wet that there was no carbon buildup. Or, I might try their smokeless substitute until mosquito season.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I remember to, I might experiment with running Klotz Benol @ 25:1 somewhat long term to see how clean the engine stays. I've used it that way short term to find the inside so wet that there was no carbon buildup. Or, I might try their smokeless substitute until mosquito season.

Why?

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
9:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good luck if it gets cold

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it good practice to pull the jugs on your saws and periodically clean the carbon out? Clean the piston crown too?

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it good practice to pull the jugs on your saws and periodically clean the carbon out? Clean the piston crown too?
Not unless you run some trash oil like Stihl Ultra. If you run a good oil at a reasonable ratio, I think it’s a waste of time.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Castor doesn’t like real cold weather. I was cutting in the low 20s maybe teens. Fouled a plug on a restart. Wasn’t worth the hassle. I thought the oil was ok but I guess after a certain temperature it falls out of suspension. I’d call it a not so good oil for that purpose. If you never see those temps you might not have any trouble

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. I don't really know, thus I asked the question.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Orange woods bike? Tell me moar said the White woods bike owner.

Ha! That one was a 05 300 EXC. (xcw) now. That bike was sold several years ago. Now that my son Nick is 10. I picked him up a yzf 110 and I found a YZ 250X in September. For an old design I really like it. My fat ass needs the suspension resprung and revalved and should be good to go to have fun on the trails again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have never run Dominator, but I like Saber at 40:1 so much that I have no intention of changing.

If something is not wrong, I don't fix it.

I agree. Why would you? If it works for you, carry on.

I remember using the Poulan synthetic oil that Walmart sells for years. It worked fine....and was easy to get.