Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
5:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the welcome.

Reading through one of the Xmas build threads for '19, made me want to explore some more at OPE. Who knows, maybe I'll even find a couple items to make my 590 perform better.
Best thing you can do with that saw is muffler mod and remove them carb limiters then retune ..................... you'd have the perception of a whole different saw, one with laugh inducing power compared to stock

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im gonna try her! I run full comp oregon on it now. Ill see if this skip will speed her up in the cut alil
Post the results. I think mine would’ve been faster with 3/8 skip. I never tried it. I did run 3/8 72 drivers a couple times. Messed up a clutch. Went back to .325 72. I lost that saw due to some Lucas oil to keep this topic alive. I still have the cylinder and the whole saw in a bucket. I’ve thought about putting it back together but I’d need a step by step guide after I’ve let it sit for a couple years It was an oe. Needed muffs to run it very loud. Cool piece though

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Red Armor at 32:1 I personally think is a bit to much. I ran about 10 gallons of it at 32:1. I have since cut it back to about 40:1.
More than adequate oiling. Nice sheen on all my pistons and cylinders. [emoji106]

Just be sure to retune for any changes.

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This interests me as well. I wonder....never mind. Yes. Eventually I'll try some "shat" oils but if y'all want orange bottle stihl tested I need a hazmat respirator donated. New in package, no covid-19 mefr.:risas3: I'd rather smell myself after a taco bell binge.
hog bait.jpg
Can't smell worse than this stuff.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Smells like old stinky cheese. Is there a puking emoji here?
Here you go
:vomiton22je:

I had some Woodland Pro oil and I burned a few gallons of mix through my backpack blower. That stuff made me feel so bad. Nauseous and dizzy. I think I ended up giving it away.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
4:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worst smell / taste I've ever encountered was Limburger cheese. Someone convinced me to try it. He loved it. Ate it regularly. I tried to lick me own arse to get the taste out of my mouth. Oh my goodness that is nasty stuff.
Oh ya! I had someone send a cheese basket to the hotel room in Vegas once and I had to set the basket in the hall!!! There is no way Im eating anything thats smell like that stuff did!

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oil related....
This lil *s-worde only dribbled oil to the bar. So I pulled it apart, used my Mighty Vac to test the crank case pulse check valve. That's good. Used the Vac to check the oil tank check valve. That's also good. Line from the tank check valve / filter assembly to the bar pad was cracked and rotted. Putting in a new one without splitting the case is real fun but doable. More oil related, it's running on 36.5:1 saber in the vid. Not that it matters.

Still tweaking the tune. Its a pain because you have to remove the lid every time which effects the adjustments. It gets richer with the lid back on. I may put a drum break adjustment plug in that cover for easy access to the screws while its running. It's not staying in my collection as a shelf queen that gets ran on occasion, it will be on my tractor for quick use as needed so no big deal. Anyway.....snow and sleet today. Not conducive to oil testing outside. Over this weather.

View attachment 236471 View attachment 236473 View attachment 236474
Damn that's a pretty nice old poolin. You have some tidy old saws. I'm on the hunt for a f/wheel and ignition for a Dolmar 100-hobby. Its a poolan but different to yours I'm pretty sure. I'm only fixing it up as I pulled it out of a skip, & when I do that this thing goes off in muh head that compels me to make em run.1587388655113-629854798.jpg

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im gonna try her! I run full comp oregon on it now. Ill see if this skip will speed her up in the cut alil
Skip will never be faster than full comp(given the saw has power to pull it), especially on a short bar. A decently ported 346 has plenty-o-grunt for a 18". Skips made for the long uns.