What oil is best? and what ratio?

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We'll all form our opinions on eggshooters tests as far as how useful they are etc. But by watching the pics of him using a calibrated syringe to measure the fine detail of oils mixed and the fact he's putting a lot of time, effort & equiptment into his test, I have ZERO reason to believe he's trying to hoodwink us or lie to us in any way. If anyone don't like it or whatever they don't need to watch the thread. Too easy to kick someone in the nuts from behind the keyboard these days over friggin oil that gets burnt.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
6:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My only issue at 32:1 was with belray not letting me tune rich enough. There was oil left to keep it from seizing but it didn’t like it and was on the way to eating the piston up.
If someone mixes 32to1 or richer and fails to retune , 50to1 tune or leaner will be a failure if that equipment is pushed too far also?

Last edited:

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its interesting to see these oils pushed out over the recommended mix ratios for long periods and see how they react. It wouldnt hurt my feelings at all to put either of these oils tested so far in my equipment at 50to1 and trust them to protect the equipment. Now the tinker on the end of the screw driver twisting screws with that highly refined audio system called my ear may he a problem!!!:eek::D

Last edited:

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
7:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If someone mixes 32to1 or richer and fails to retune , 50to1 tune or leaner will be a failure if that equipment is pushed too far also?

Happy Easter Keith!

The tune would be richer depending on the oil. Some needs to man more fuel like belray and others don’t change it much so it would be very hard to say. I would t want to go milling with 50:1

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Happy Easter Keith!

The tune would be richer depending on the oil. Some needs to man more fuel like belray and others don’t change it much so it would be very hard to say. I would t want to go milling with 50:1
Happy Easter to yall too buddy! That new lil boys first Easter should be a good one for yall

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Happy Easter Keith!

Heres my take on about 4 years of countless equipment, porting, and repairing equipment. Im down to a ported 562xp with a 28Es light, a ported 346xp OE with a 18" .325 bar/chain, and a ported FS250 brushcutter all running Maxima K2 and Klotz Original at 40:1 with zero issues, no smell, no headaches, no messy mufflers, and engines combust the oil well and stays clean . Now I sold my HT250 polesaw, HT101 telescoping polesaw, FS94r weedwacker, several saws and backpack blowers. In turn I purchased Stihls new battery powered KMA130A Kombi unit with 16" polesaw picco head with extension, the 178mph handheld blower, weedeater head, hedger, edger, fast 500 chargers, battery waist/harness carrying system. About a 2200$ investment and couldnt be happier!! Plenty of power, quiet, NO GAS/OIL MIX, no fumes, no piston/rings to fail, no pullcord to break, no tuning, etc! If I had it to do over again Id do the same tomorrow and thats coming from a person who repairs OPE daily! No brainer for me! The battery chainsaws that Stihl has are up to par with a MS250 Id say but no options that would replace a bigger cc chainsaw20200218_050743.jpg

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Understandable when your credability and integrity gets called into question.
God bless. You guys are both good people. This is a great place here. With the testing and stuff being done.
Glad your back here. For the good of the order. [emoji1666]

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel bad things went down the way it did, I apologize for that! However I speak my Mind and if I get a feeling about something I don't hold back, right or wrong. Often that doesn't sit well, sometimes I really should have just shut up, some take it in stride and just say *f-word off *a-hole. I admit I'm with age my filter has gone out the window, that's on me. If someone gets that bent out of shape, well I totally understand that. I prefer to make friends and I can take being called names and forgive easily. I believe Mr shooter has never cared for me, actually he said so, that's fine I can be abrasive, not everyone can be friends. I appreciate the understanding and friendship I have gained over the years on these forums, some are now my closest friends. Wish I could clear things up, but I unfortunately don't see that happening. I try to cut things with a knife, so that is that, the last I will say on the matter.

Happy Easter everyone.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel bad things went down the way it did, I apologize for that! However I speak my Mind and if I get a feeling about something I don't hold back, right or wrong. Often that doesn't sit well, sometimes I really should have just shut up, some take it in stride and just say *f-word off *a-hole. I admit I'm with age my filter has gone out the window, that's on me. If someone gets that bent out of shape, well I totally understand that. I prefer to make friends and I can take being called names and forgive easily. I believe Mr shooter has never cared for me, actually he said so, that's fine I can be abrasive, not everyone can be friends. I appreciate the understanding and friendship I have gained over the years on these forums, some are now my closest friends. Wish I could clear things up, but I unfortunately don't see that happening. I try to cut things with a knife, so that is that, the last I will say on the matter.

Happy Easter everyone.
Happy Easter Andy

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shooter yes I do still have a poulan 3314 that's ported advanced and tuned real sharp. Also a poulan 250 handheld blower. Both on 100:1 for several gallons. Never took all the way down but have looked at them through intake and exhaust. All i have to say about the residual oil is rpm and load dictate ratio. In this case I think the rpm is making the residual oil stay in the case instead of the crank throwing it ok the transfers if spinning fast at 12000 vs 4500 of the heavy loaded trimmer. Bet if he put the stock spool on for 1 tank at 9500 and residual would be gone at 200:1

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shooter yes I do still have a poulan 3314 that's ported advanced and tuned real sharp. Also a poulan 250 handheld blower. Both on 100:1 for several gallons. Never took all the way down but have looked at them through intake and exhaust. All i have to say about the residual oil is rpm and load dictate ratio. In this case I think the rpm is making the residual oil stay in the case instead of the crank throwing it ok the transfers if spinning fast at 12000 vs 4500 of the heavy loaded trimmer. Bet if he put the stock spool on for 1 tank at 9500 and residual would be gone at 200:1
Yes, velocity of the mix going through the motor will definitely influence the residual oil in the crankcase.

Easy to check too ...... just swap heads back to the single line after you inspect your 4k torture test and run at 9k. Pull the cover and inspect, snatch a few pics for us if you would Egg ????

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worth a try. I will eventually do that. Thanks for the update.

Now my own update. Right now the thought of it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Until then, later gents.
I get where you are at.
Andy can be brash, rude, and insulting ...... so can I, so can you. Thing is, every one of us has had our buttons pushed at one time or another.

I’m aware that I don’t know what was said in the PM’s, but Andy has apologized, for better or worse, you might still have him on ignore ............. just wanted you to know.

I hope you decide to continue testing as you have been, it’s been something that I’ve been watching and it’s not yet finished. Thanks for the work that you have been putting in with this !!!!