Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Many years ago i ran Tanaka, the dark blue/black stuff.
Ran it at 40/1.
It ran good, clean and plenty of lube on internals.
That was back in the 1980s.

Been running Maxama K2 lately.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I was a teen ager, my parent's had a summer home on Lordship Beech, not too far from you!

I spent a lot of time on a Sunfish Sailboat there!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had one of the homes on stilts across the road from the water. It seemed like every year there were a few less homes remaining on the beach side of the road.

My Dad even purchased some lots off of Stratford Rd, but could not get approval to build. A local politician bought the lots from him, and he got permission to build right away.

Last time I visited the area, Marnick's was still doing well. I remember my Grandfather renting small row boats with tiny out boards on the back, and we used to troll and catch Stripers at the mouth of the Housatonic.

I remember going out on the Sunfish near Marnick's when there were small craft warnings, my friend have never been on a sailboat before. When we got back in we found out everyone in the restaurant had been watching us, they speculated we were professional daredevils or something like that. When my friend looked at them and stated "I've never been on one of these before in my life" they all just looked at us dumbfounded and shook their heads!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Indian Lake is nice, but it got very expensive! (Ever since the movie "On Golden Pond") Back in the 80s I knew someone who had a cabin on the lake, and I got to go hunting up there a few times. Was a good deer population in the area.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would this be the old or new? I think it’s the older one, as the current bottles I’ve seen say “ Cleans And Protects” in big letters across the front. I could be very wrong, though... Wouldn’t be the first time. Lol.
A2A86230-A78E-4B4F-8894-FE5C05C46729.jpeg 4185DCEA-1D58-45D9-A961-1B49442B0B03.jpeg

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know if it was this thread a couple pages back or another, but someone posted pictures that leads me to believe that is the old formula. The new formula has a sort of diamond checkered black as opposed to solid black behind the red armor logo.