What oil is best? and what ratio?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Really ! HMMM. May have to make a detour over to the big city in the work truck. The town we go to from my house doesn't have an HD we only have a lowes. But the big town an hour away I am around more for work and I can swing by.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nothing wrong with Hooskie oil or Echo oil. They will get the job done for sure.
I just hesitate to use Walmart supertech oils. Can't bring myself to try it.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing wrong with Hooskie oil or Echo oil. They will get the job done for sure.
I'm not scared of them. I wondered why it seemed like the Lucus mix was not as "slobbery" as the Belray or Amsoil I have used over the years. I have been more in get it done firewood mode the last 5 years since my son was born and not as much tinkering. If I had thought about it though it makes sense that it's not lube in as well now that we're talking about it and what I have seen.

It could be argued that I can't tune either. I'm not as much on yall's level even 4 levels below yall as far as knowledge. But I can tune a saw to 4 stroke and clean up once in the cut, so I think I got that part of it down...least I hope.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have used the cheap blue bottle. Everything lived. I heard raves about the synthetic gray bottle.
Yeah but I bought the low smoke husqvarna. I’ve used some bike oils they’re cool. They work. I might be set for this winter. I really wanted to try out the dolmar oil that was so cheap but I missed out on that deal.

When I re up I’m getting something with a stabilizer that’s about all I’m really concerned with

I’d run Walmart oil over stihl ultra

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
D5044848-45C4-4C80-A550-C0490BEB4C42.jpeg
I'm not scared of them. I wondered why it seemed like the Lucus mix was not as "slobbery" as the Belray or Amsoil I have used over the years. I have been more in get it done firewood mode the last 5 years since my son was born and not as much tinkering. If I had thought about it though it makes sense that it's not lube in as well now that we're talking about it and what I have seen.

It could be argued that I can't tune either. I'm not as much on yall's level even 4 levels below yall as far as knowledge. But I can tune a saw to 4 stroke and clean up once in the cut, so I think I got that part of it down...least I hope.

Honestly I wasn’t tinkering either. Just cutting up a tree. But the proof is in the pudding. Lost compression. In that picture you can see where the piston just touched the roof of the cylinder. Sloppy bearing. Dry dry bearing.

NeSurcaster

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What oil smells the best ? I tried some vp 40:1 premix and it smelled like a top fuel dragster, which i liked but dont trust it to really be 40:1 in my ported saws. I tried some generic semi sythetic oil mixed at 40:1 with e-free and it smelled like burning gear oil/dog crap.
Yea I noticed the drag strip smell too, kinda liked it. I bought a gallon of the vp 50:1 premix the other day for saw storage. I filled my oil/fuel mix measure r cup up to the 50:1 line w/ the premix then filled it up to the 32:1 line w/ some echo red armor. Hopefully I achieved the 32:1 out come I was looking for.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 158675

Hey wondering if any of you guys have experience (good or bad) on the husqvarna XP+ mix oil? The company I just came to work with supply all of the mix oil and this is what they have, I’ve never used this particular stuff before. Thanks for any info you guys can give.
I'm sure it will be at a minimum decent stuff.

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have used the cheap blue bottle. Everything lived. I heard raves about the synthetic gray bottle.
Yeah but I bought the low smoke husqvarna. I’ve used some bike oils they’re cool. They work. I might be set for this winter. I really wanted to try out the dolmar oil that was so cheap but I missed out on that deal.

When I re up I’m getting something with a stabilizer that’s about all I’m really concerned with

I’d run Walmart oil over stihl ultra
I'd run HD 30wt before stihl silver bottle..

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope...put in mix and let sit for 30 days and it bout disappears..
I'm not the only one here that doesn't trust it.

35-40 yrs ago we ran 30wt. 16-1.
Then 2stroke oil came around.
Special additives, run at 32-1.

Then EPA says you 2stroke guys pollute 2much, make it 40-1 then 50-1.

I run full syn dertbike oil @ 32-1 in efree fuel. Saws luv it, last fer evaa!
Plus it pisses off butthurt snowflakes in my hood.
Dey all B knowing whatz I be running,
Smells like derttrack parfume..

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope...put in mix and let sit for 30 days and it bout disappears..
I'm not the only one here that doesn't trust it.

35-40 yrs ago we ran 30wt. 16-1.
Then 2stroke oil came around.
Special additives, run at 32-1.

Then EPA says you 2stroke guys pollute 2much, make it 40-1 then 50-1.

I run full syn dertbike oil @ 32-1 in efree fuel. Saws luv it, last fer evaa!
Plus it pisses off butthurt snowflakes in my hood.
Dey all B knowing whatz I be running,
Smells like derttrack parfume..
When people ask why I don't run what saw maker says at 50:1 I said it wasn't that many years they said 40:1. And when they went to 50 ot was just an epa thing. The same saws were made each year with the same oils so why all of a sudden can they run at 50:1?

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag