High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What Iron are you running?

HuskyHill

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Thought it would be interesting to see what kind of Equipment some of the gang has.

I have some Deere, Kobelco, New Holland and Ford iron.

If it has Tires, Tracks or Tits its Trouble and gonna cost you money!!

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have nearly 100% IH farm equipment (old). I have a weakness for the old gas over diesel IH dozers and am now looking at another. If I were rich I'd have a Kubota excavator and skid steer. A later Td-7 or 8 would be so nice. If I had to make my living digging I'd starve.

HuskyHill

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the old stuff. Sad to say the new stuff is mostly junk. Computers in them just can't take the pounding and dirt and keep on working. At least we can still use a wrench and a hammer to fix the old iron but parts are getting harder to find. Thank goodness for Online sources to get whats needed to keep em going!

exSW

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Undercarriage,undercarriage,undercarriage everything else is easy. I learned a lot trying to hold grade with an old Bucyrus straight blade.

exSW

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My first machine was a OC-4 with the Hercules diesel. I started going through it and then sold I before it was finished to buy my first TD-6.
Good move on my part.

HuskyHill

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No doubt the loader/backhoe is one of the most versatile machines you can own. After I bought a Track Hoe Excavator, I found it difficult to jump on a backhoe again but of course every machine has its uses and limitations. And it's nice to have several to choose from when you have some dirt to move.

exSW

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've spent a good part of my life watching and directing backhoes and their operators where to dig. Always in the back of my mind thinking there has got to be a better way. Then the first mini excavator showed up and I realized salvation.

Firesuit on.

AERDAVID

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Funny, since retirement and a few bad health issues I have scaled down to a 1970 Ford 3500 loader with a box blade. I rent anything larger I might need for a project.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have a all International farm, farmall M,686,856,1026,1086. Have a cat 955, new holland 160, hitachi ex100 excavator.
View attachment 4549

View attachment 4550

View attachment 4551

View attachment 4552
Man seeing that 686 is bringing back some memories. When I was a kid my dad had one. It was his everyday tractor. He loved that thing.
I have my great grandfathers 1952 super M. He bought it new in May of 52. SN 1206. The M has been in my family it's whole life passed down generation to generation. When I was about 5yrs old the muffler rotted off. My dad had it parked outside all winter and had forgotten about the missing muffler. In the spring he tried starting the old girl and guess what, she was full of water. Bent a couple valves and cracked a couple sleeves. So the M go towed out behind the barn and tarped. It sat there for 25yrs. A few years ago I asked about it and my dad said "if you want it it's yours". I dragged it home. I have almost completely torn it apart. I'm slowly restoring it as time and money permit. Someday I hope to be dragging logs out of the bush again with it. This is what it should look like. Someday it will, I promiseimage.jpg