What are you carrying today?

MS261CM

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a falling out with my M&P9C. I would get reasonable (for me) groups with the GP100 357, 1911 45 and even the 110YO P-08. Seems I shoot them all about the same.
The MkIV Rugers a good bit better.
The M&P9C - not so much.

I finally decided that if the M&P was going to shoot like a pocket pistol it should become one.
Shortly after that this thing followed me home. I've had it out once and shot about the same as I would with the M&P. That will likely improve some as I practice with it.
I liked everything but the OEM night sights. The front is pretty wide. It's wider than the rear notch in fact so you don't really get light bars. You are left lining up the 3 dots and superimposing the center over your target with both eyes open.
I ended up swapping in a set of Dawsons in FO front and black rear. The sight picture looks quite a bit better to me but I haven't had it back out yet.
Other than that the disconnector was pretty stiff and slide was difficult to rack. A little lube in the right places smoothed that out.
Speaking of lube in the right places the striker channel was completely packed with grease/cosmoline/schmutz. It helps to strip and clean them after taking tham home.

365.jpg

/Pocket mode off
IMG_0567.jpg

Last edited:

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
6:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a falling out with my M&P9C. I would get reasonable (for me) groups with the GP100 357, 1911 45 and even the 110YO P-08. Seems I shoot them all about the same.
The MkIV Rugers a good bit better.
The M&P9C - not so much.

I finally decided that if the M&P was going to shoot like a pocket pistol it should become one.
Shortly after that this thing followed me home. I've had it out once and shot about the same as I would with the M&P. That will likely improve some as I practice with it.
I liked everything but the OEM night sights. The front is pretty wide. It's wider than the rear notch in fact so you don't really get light bars. You are left lining up the 3 dots and superimposing the center over your target with both eyes open.
I ended up swapping in a set of Dawsons in FO front and black rear. The sight picture looks quite a bit better to me but I haven't had it back out yet.
Other than that the disconnector was pretty stiff and slide was difficult to rack. A little lube in the right places smoothed that out.
Speaking of lube in the right places the striker channel was completely packed with grease/cosmoline/schmutz. It helps to strip and clean them after taking tham home.

365.jpg

/Pocket mode off
IMG_0567.jpg
I have the XL. My slide was hard to rack as well and would occasionally fail to return to battery. I’d have to hit it forward to return to battery. After about 50-60 rounds or loosened up and never had a problem again. I like the night sights but don’t like the bullseye sight they have.

I don’t even bother with the rear sight I just focus on the front sight