XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
1:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That didn’t take long !

She’s weighted and larger surface area, chances are big Joe wont ever need to change out the fuel line or filter if he runs e-free, AV gas, or VP.

I like a little insurance on my ported +90cc saw fuel filters, and the 3120 filters fit the bill for all of my concerns.
Great tip Kevin. Never gave the filter in my 394 much thought, just replaced it and moved on. Saw is coming along nicely bud

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Big Joe likes OEM, and so do I !!
View attachment 167070
Hose ends prepped

View attachment 167071

Insert dry

View attachment 167072

This little piece is all you need

View attachment 167073

Grip with extended needle noses or hemostats

View attachment 167074
Wish I had waited one more day to put my fuel line in. I could slide it in the old tank but like to have never got it in the new one. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that. I started to ask you if you had any tricks but figured I have asked you enough questions I’d just figure it out. Lol

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wish I had waited one more day to put my fuel line in. I could slide it in the old tank but like to have never got it in the new one. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that. I started to ask you if you had any tricks but figured I have asked you enough questions I’d just figure it out. Lol
Jake, never don’t ask, I’ll allways answer questions, and so will most everyone else that works on lots of these things here at OPE.

Please, moving forward, ask away

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been waiting for this thing to arrive !!8B316928-530C-4E8B-858C-7384EB4302CC.jpeg

More stuff to add to the 394/5 tub-of-gold
4B48C782-12AF-47AF-832A-926CF2857558.jpeg

BUT,
This here one was the most important item in that box for our purposes here. No shortcutting on Little Joe !!!FD90B60F-2C4D-4B64-A72D-8016192A13EF.jpeg

Also, looks like I’m going to have most of my weekend in tact, which means that I’ll have plenty of play time in the barn, early morning Saturday and Sunday. I’m hoping that I can get the porting finished and the cylinder bolted before the end of my Saturday, then I’ll be able to (if all goes well) wrap her up and get in some test cuts on Sunday !!

Big Joe, black or red handle inserts ?
And do you want her sent right away, or mayhaps she can hang around here a smidge longer, my next project has an owner that has inquired about having a little East Coast 661 vs Little Joe showdown ............ up to you bud !!

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been waiting for this thing to arrive !!View attachment 168118

View attachment 168119

BUT,
This here one was the most important item in that box for our purposes here. No shortcutting on Little Joe !!!View attachment 168120

Also, looks like I’m going to have most of my weekend in tact, which means that I’ll have plenty of play time in the barn, early morning Saturday and Sunday. I’m hoping that I can get the porting finished and the cylinder bolted before the end of my Saturday, then I’ll be able to (if all goes well) wrap her up and get in some test cuts on Sunday !!

And do you want her sent right away, or mayhaps she can hang around here a smidge longer, my next project has an owner that has inquired about having a little East Coast 661 vs Little Joe showdown ............ up to you bud !!

The Black inserts please sir, and it can hang around as long as you like. I would love to see a 661 vs. 395 shoot out. :)

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Black inserts please sir, and it can hang around as long as you like. I would love to see a 661 vs. 395 shoot out. :)
Full wrap or standard 1/2 ?

Very cool
I’m thinking of two very different comparisons.......... going to have to turn both saws oilers to max for the big one

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Been waiting for this thing to arrive !!View attachment 168118

View attachment 168119

BUT,
This here one was the most important item in that box for our purposes here. No shortcutting on Little Joe !!!View attachment 168120

What piston did you use in this one? Make sure that 661 has a 8 pin 404 with a 42” lol. Won’t to see if it has the 395 nuts.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Half wrap please, will be used for stumping semi regularly.
Understood

What piston did you use in this one? Make sure that 661 has a 8 pin 404 with a 42” lol. Want to see if it has the 395's nuts.
Knowing how Big Joe is ........Little Joe is probably going to be getting the Husky 395 piston

60" with 8 tooth 404, if I can get the wood together

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s amazing sometimes how cut times won’t show the full capabilities. It’s still fun to compare saws though and it does give a glimpse into there capabilities. Here’s a scenario... I’ve ran the 7900 against the 372 and they both cut about the same speed with 8 pin and 28” bar in pine. However bucking hardwood logs on the landing with 24” bars the 7900 and 390xp destroy the 372. You can use the tip of the bar bucking when the log starts to pinch more easily (hard to explain but you experienced guys will understand what I’m saying). As soon as the chain starts to get a little dull from the muddy logs, the other two will still cut half decent till it gets real dull. The 372 can still run a 24 or 28 in hardwood but youll be wanting to keep that chain close to razor sharp all the time for max performance. I thought this was interesting how some saws can beat or hang with others in certain situations, but not in others. I guess use the tool for the job.

Last edited: