Super OPE Member
Local time
8:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 3pks should have been here last week. Now Az says they may be lost…lovely 😕
Tracking shows them getting to Boise, then, zip

I need to evaluate this chain before buying rolls..
I rarely use Amazon for that reason. Seems to be a problem knowing when and if you will get your orders.

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I rarely use Amazon for that reason. Seems to be a problem knowing when and if you will get your orders.
I’ve had very few problems with Az since we moved here. The post office? O yea…lots of problems.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get Amazon deliveries several times a week. I know they have issues but all in all I am happy. Yes some of the items are poo poo but not all are.. I have bought good quality Klein, Wiha, and other tools there. It is nice to be able to order at 11PM and have the tool in a few days.

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
5:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That stinks. Amazon is sucking lately. Hopefully it shows up soon.
My son just ordered a CPU for a computer he's building....they sent him a deck of Pokemon cards instead🙄

dirter

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

My stock arrived yesterday. If you don't get resolution from Amazon first get with V-MODEST at the email I posted earlier zhaoxg-2008@163.com and if that doesn't work fast enough i might have some of what you ordered that I can send your way.

Last edited:

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like 100’ rolls will be around $250 to $260 delivered if we can get at least 10 rolls in any combination and even lower for more. The shipping is the key and that’s where the break hits. All the usual suspects are available from what I gather, 1/4, 3/8, 3/8LP, .325, .404, .043, .050, .063, FC, SC, Skip and Milling with 30 presets and vinyl hanging bags. I’ll commit to 5 rolls. When we get to 10 I’ll set things in motion. You will buy direct and I won’t be involved in the deal beyond letting them know how many to pack up. Post it here or send me a PM.

A site sponsor, SawSalvage.co has their house brand chain (Duke's) for $225 a 100' roll right now and they also have reasonably priced 3 packs.. I've used it a little and it seems to not stretch much at all, cutters hold up well. Every other review I've seen of it has been positive.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A site sponsor, SawSalvage.co has their house brand chain (Duke's) for $225 a 100' roll right now and they also have reasonably priced 3 packs.. I've used it a little and it seems to not stretch much at all, cutters hold up well. Every other review I've seen of it has been positive.
Saved for science & chit! 🍻

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
5:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a darn good deal Shaun. Good selection too.
Duke even has 25' and 50' rolls on sale.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a darn good deal Shaun. Good selection too.
Duke even has 25' and 50' rolls on sale.

It square grinds well.

mainer_in_ak

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How can these Chinese companies with all these shell names like "V-modest" get away with literally copying current Stihl chainsaw product and then selling it on United States-based websites like eBay and Amazon? I've often wondered what stihl and husqvarna think about their product development being copied.

Always surprised I guess, how cheap people can be, to support this blatant theft. It's disingenuous, the whole way round.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How can these Chinese companies with all these shell names like "V-modest" get away with literally copying current Stihl chainsaw product and then selling it on United States-based websites like eBay and Amazon? I've often wondered what stihl and husqvarna think about their product development being copied.

Always surprised I guess, how cheap people can be, to support this blatant theft. It's disingenuous, the whole way round.
1717540845894.png

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

Well I just bought 9 chains off the duke. I guess that makes me cheap for supporting a small business owner and site sponsor 🤷🏼‍♂️

mainer_in_ak

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I just bought 9 chains off the duke. I guess that makes me cheap for supporting a small business owner and site sponsor 🤷🏼‍♂️
I buy various saw stufff from him almost every month and have had a great experience with everything purchased. Haven't yet tried his saw chain.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I have posted this picture here before and I will do it again. I pissed off a few on another site when I made comments about folks not supporting local brick and mortar dealers. This was a sad day for me last November.

IMG_20231116_094918301.jpg

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Well I have posted this picture here before and I will do it again. I pissed off a few on another site when I made comments about folks not supporting local brick and mortar dealers. This was a sad day for me last November.

View attachment 421924
That’s my point exactly! All the tools are made from global parts at this point. Bítching about Chinese stuff these days is kind of pedantic. I give plenty of business to local brick and mortar shops. Buying chain and parts off the Duke is the equivalent of one of this site’s local brick and mortar shops.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s my point exactly! All the tools are made from global parts at this point. Bítching about Chinese stuff these days is kind of pedantic. I give plenty of business to local brick and mortar shops. Buying chain and parts off the Duke is the equivalent of one of this site’s local brick and mortar shops.
Here is a picture of one of the last two real brick and mortar shops here. This picture is from a 1976 historical book of architecture in our town. The shop looks the same today 48 years later.

Ran by the same man

Folks I was in there today
IMG_20240220_073626931.jpg

Colonel 428

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me too I guess. I've bought 5, 3 packs of chains from the Duke. It's the only chain I've been running for the past few months in 84dl. None are unused anymore and only about half of them still have any tooth left. The others are used up in the garbage can. No, it's not as durable as RS. But if I can keep it out of the dirt and away from rocks it's very serviceable. I like the chain, especially for the price and it helps an American company up in PA. I will buy more soon.