V-MODEST

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If a guy has the equipment and a handful of presets he could break 72dl or 84dl and make pretty much whatever length he needs. At $5-$6 each hard to go wrong. Guess it depends on if he has more time or monies
Currently, i have no need for any of the saws i have....🤣 so its all just a fun hobby of rebuilding other peoples junk for my own amusement seeing how i live in an apartment...(as if working on other peoples junk all day every day wasnt my profession... which, it is... i am a small engine mechanic by trade) so, yeah... i suppose i could break a few chains and make some up, but i also have a shop full of spools of stihl and carlton chain that i can buy for cost... significantly narrows the gap on chain pricing, and i prefer to have as few hand rolled rivets on a chain as i can... just another potential failure point in my mind... not to mention having the time to break and spin chains... we are 4-5 weeks backed up this time of year....LOL hence why i was looking for premade chains originally...LOL

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone actually ran the chain to be able to give an opinion?
I have not run this specific chain, but from the pics @Czed Posted, its identical to the chain that came with my 25" neotec bar, which i have used, and it has held an edge very well after putting a full tank thru my ported 044, cutting dry dirty nasty ash...didnt stretch any more than stihl 33rs does in the initial use, and has a pretty deceptively hungry raker out of the box...LOL doesnt look that hungry but it pulls some thick chips out of the wood... close up of cutters after 1 tank, and how much stretch, chain was installed, set to the same tightness i set all my chains (barely able to forcibly pull the drive link barely, like 1/16" out of the bar) and set into wood... 20240516_121202.jpgFB_IMG_1715880735095.jpg

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
12:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Currently, i have no need for any of the saws i have....🤣 so its all just a fun hobby of rebuilding other peoples junk for my own amusement seeing how i live in an apartment...(as if working on other peoples junk all day every day wasnt my profession... which, it is... i am a small engine mechanic by trade) so, yeah... i suppose i could break a few chains and make some up, but i also have a shop full of spools of stihl and carlton chain that i can buy for cost... significantly narrows the gap on chain pricing, and i prefer to have as few hand rolled rivets on a chain as i can... just another potential failure point in my mind... not to mention having the time to break and spin chains... we are 4-5 weeks backed up this time of year....LOL hence why i was looking for premade chains originally...LOL
Ahh gotcha. Didn't realize you had a shop for retail. That would get old pretty fast breaking and reassembling existing chains for a few $ profit when you're already overworked.

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ahh gotcha. Didn't realize you had a shop for retail. That would get old pretty fast breaking and reassembling existing chains for a few $ profit when you're already overworked.
Exactly....LOL even if we have a customer that needs a chain thats 2-3links shorter than a stocked precut, we will pull out the spools instead if breaking a premade...

dirter

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No luck on the limit lift.
I have used these chains, though not a bunch. Just a couple tanks on a 24 and 3 full-bar cuts with a 36. They cut fast and straight but with the 24 I hit into a hollow center full of squirrel poop which had the same effect as hitting the dirt. The initial stretch was more than most other China chains I've used but still not real bad. Here is a video I made at the time. Please don't laugh at me too much :) No rolls available as of yet but I will ask about that.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No luck on the limit lift.
I have used these chains, though not a bunch. Just a couple tanks on a 24 and 3 full-bar cuts with a 36. They cut fast and straight but with the 24 I hit into a hollow center full of squirrel poop which had the same effect as hitting the dirt. The initial stretch was more than most other China chains I've used but still not real bad. Here is a video I made at the time. Please don't laugh at me too much :) No rolls available as of yet but I will ask about that.
Well if they will not lift the limit then I will just order three 20". Darn hard to go wrong on the price. :) I need some for the Stihl pole saw but I think it is 44DL and I all I saw listed was 45DL

Colonel 428

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have not run this specific chain, but from the pics @Czed Posted, its identical to the chain that came with my 25" neotec bar, which i have used, and it has held an edge very well after putting a full tank thru my ported 044, cutting dry dirty nasty ash...didnt stretch any more than stihl 33rs does in the initial use, and has a pretty deceptively hungry raker out of the box...LOL doesnt look that hungry but it pulls some thick chips out of the wood... close up of cutters after 1 tank, and how much stretch, chain was installed, set to the same tightness i set all my chains (barely able to forcibly pull the drive link barely, like 1/16" out of the bar) and set into wood... View attachment 420251View attachment 420252
I have not run this specific chain, but from the pics @Czed Posted, its identical to the chain that came with my 25" neotec bar, which i have used, and it has held an edge very well after putting a full tank thru my ported 044, cutting dry dirty nasty ash...didnt stretch any more than stihl 33rs does in the initial use, and has a pretty deceptively hungry raker out of the box...LOL doesnt look that hungry but it pulls some thick chips out of the wood... close up of cutters after 1 tank, and how much stretch, chain was installed, set to the same tightness i set all my chains (barely able to forcibly pull the drive link barely, like 1/16" out of the bar) and set into wood... View attachment 420251View attachment 420252
Well at least the rakers have a swept back, tear shaped design. That's definitely a plus...

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have not run this specific chain, but from the pics @Czed Posted, its identical to the chain that came with my 25" neotec bar, which i have used, and it has held an edge very well after putting a full tank thru my ported 044, cutting dry dirty nasty ash...didnt stretch any more than stihl 33rs does in the initial use, and has a pretty deceptively hungry raker out of the box...LOL doesnt look that hungry but it pulls some thick chips out of the wood... close up of cutters after 1 tank, and how much stretch, chain was installed, set to the same tightness i set all my chains (barely able to forcibly pull the drive link barely, like 1/16" out of the bar) and set into wood

Not sure how I missed this....must be getting senile.

Yep. Looks to be identical.
IMG_20240522_183740888.jpg

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure how I missed this....must be getting senile.

Yep. Looks to be identical.
View attachment 420432
LOL theres been quite a few posts in here about it recently, easy to get lost in the mire so to speak...my initial impressions on the neotec are pretty dang good... cuts and wears like stihl... which is about the only chain i run (like we talked, spools of it at the shop) aside from if i am given a chain for free...LOL

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will see this weekend what the quality is like of the tie straps and rivets. I bought some longer chains and will be trying to break them and reuse the preset. Yes folks while not advisable it can be done in a pinch. I want to try them on a pole saw.

Last edited:

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The strange attempt at poorly copying dimpled drivers is so Chinese. Why focus on metallurgy and cutting angles. Hopefully they did that too though lol. Can't wait to hear how it murders trees Dave.

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bit the bullet last night and got a 3 pack of 84dl, with the thought of breaking into a pair 114dl for my 36" bar... cant go wrong at a total cost of $10.44 a chain... i cant even get stihl chain at that price, and i get it for cost.....

Screenshot_20240524_121103_Amazon Shopping.jpg

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The strange attempt at poorly copying dimpled drivers is so Chinese. Why focus on metallurgy and cutting angles. Hopefully they did that too though lol. Can't wait to hear how it murders trees Dave.
IF this chain is the same as the neotec chain, its not a poor copy... its actually pretty darn good copy, and the neotec held an edge better for me than my stihl 46rslf 404 chain did when i was cutting crap ash last week.... just saying...

dirter

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy! I was emailing back and forth with V-MODEST last night and I asked if we could have a sale page on their chains just for OPE members and she agreed😀. I’m hoping it will be a permanent thing for us but we’ll see. This from her (Julia):

“You mentioned the discount code for 10% off, I think it's a perfect idea, I will create the offer later, they still enjoy the refund policy, if there is any dissatisfaction, you can contact my after-sales email zhaoxg-2008@163.com directly and I will refund the full amount.”

They’ve got more sizes in stock now too. I know they have 24” .050 but I forgot to ask about the 36” .050. More info as I get it…..

Enjoy the weekend

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excellent info.

Next of they would sell presets so we can shorten, lengthen, or fix broken chains
Better yet reels of chain.

I know Rome was not built in a day
Baby steps.
etc

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Though limited to few brands never had an issue mixing presets between brands... using correct gauge pitch etc.

25' and 100' spools would be really nice! Especially at the same price per DL