Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
5:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On other forums I peruse, especially gun forums, there are features built into the user profile pages that allow buyers/sellers to rate each other on their transactions. It allows other members to get a feel for how they do business.

Another pre-requisite for participating in buying/selling is that your complete contact info (phone, email, address, etc) has to be "on file" with the Admin/Staff/Moderators in the event something like happens.

I would not oppose and would even prefer that this was the case here as well for those who trade in the equipment exchanges.

I've had good luck on here and AS, both buying, selling, and trading. I also go back to the thread and post a comment on how the transaction went down with the hope it helps a fellow member decide whether they want to do business with me or them.

Where in Oklahoma are you?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mastermind Hey Randy, correct me if I'm wrong, but all I see there is saw builder stories. Not sure it relates to sellers and not sure how a new seller can get any credibility than time spent getting to know the other forum members first. Which goes back to your warning of be careful who you buy from. I don't see a fix for this other than just say no.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
6:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Idk how anyone selling an item can say "paypal F&F only". The person paying has that say. It's up to the person paying if they want to cover their ass or not. If the seller won't eat the 3% cost then as a buyer you should be willing to eat the 3% or risk the consequences. If the seller wont eat the cost of the insurance I'll just add 4% to the deal and send it. They might get a couple dollars extra if it's a big sale but I get my piece of mind. Choose your destiny. It's a no brainer on the smaller sales, 4% of $150 is $6!!!! My wife blows 3x that a month leaving lights on in the house.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mastermind Hey Randy, correct me if I'm wrong, but all I see there is saw builder stories. Not sure it relates to sellers and not sure how a new seller can get any credibility than time spent getting to know the other forum members first. Which goes back to your warning of be careful who you buy from. I don't see a fix for this other than just say no.

You can post any deal gone bad there. We need to change the title of the section to reflect that, and give the moderator for that area a heads up

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Idk how anyone selling an item can say "paypal F&F only". The person paying has that say. It's up to the person paying if they want to cover their ass or not. If the seller won't eat the 3% cost then as a buyer you should be willing to eat the 3% or risk the consequences. If the seller wont eat the cost of the insurance I'll just add 4% to the deal and send it. They might get a couple dollars extra if it's a big sale but I get my piece of mind. Choose your destiny. It's a no brainer on the smaller sales, 4% of $150 is $6!!!! My wife blows 3x that a month leaving lights on in the house.

Well said Wade.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
How about a "separate " registration for the "classified" section. In order to purchase or sell you need some additional info. Like address and cell ph #. Most of us already have that info on our "friends" but the new guys are the challenge. Usually if someone is a "stand up" they don't mind releasing info. It's usually the shady mcgrady guys that do.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I think he might of been referring to this thread
http://opeforum.com/threads/be-careful-who-you-buy-from.4783/

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good idea Angelo.
Just thinking outloud, suppose a scammer gives a fake number or fake info. OR just does not answer the phone?

dougand3

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What if you buy a saw with 3% Paypal. Seller moves money to another bank acct immediately. You get scammed - no saw and prove that to Paypal's liking. Does Paypal go find your money and re-imburse you?

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What if you buy a saw with 3% Paypal. Seller moves money to another bank acct immediately. You get scammed - no saw and prove that to Paypal's liking. Does Paypal go find your money and re-imburse you?

As I understand it, yes they refund you. Whether they recover the money to restock their coffers is up to them, but you get a full refund. I could be mistaken though.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think he might of been referring to this thread
http://opeforum.com/threads/be-careful-who-you-buy-from.4783/

I don't think so, but you can see where it got to. I'm pretty sure that every scammer that has been caught has been 86'd from here. So what is to review other than a good review, which is already implied by being a member in good standing. Would be easier just to block fng's from the sale threads until a certain post/time count has been achieved. Scammers aren't willing to put that much work into it as they are lazy by nature hence scamming instead of working for a living. imho

dougand3

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would be easier just to block fng's from the sale threads until a certain post/time count has been achieved. Scammers aren't willing to put that much work into it as they are lazy by nature hence scamming instead of working for a living.

Yeah, if I see a saw for sale from a newbie with less than 5 posts (esp 1 post), I think scam until proved otherwise.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How about a "separate " registration for the "classified" section. In order to purchase or sell you need some additional info. Like address and cell ph #. Most of us already have that info on our "friends" but the new guys are the challenge. Usually if someone is a "stand up" they don't mind releasing info. It's usually the shady mcgrady guys that do.

Hard to confirm. But a good idea. Lots of good ideas here.

100 post minimum to post a sale ad seems pretty good.