Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
1:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cant believe PayPal would even mess with it after 180 days

I know. It's their policy they give the buyer 180 days and that turd waited until the very last day to pull his games. I had forgotten about it by the time he filled the claim. It doesn't matter how much you protest paypal will always side with the buyer. I'm out about $180 but I'm a little wiser now and will walk away from a sale if the buyer is uneasy. Live and learn.

Steven

J_M____

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
paypal changed their terms a few years ago from like 60 days to 6 months to file a claim!
There are scammers out there that wait until the tracking # becomes invalid or gets re-used after 60-90 days then file a claim for non delivery. USPS is the worst, their tracking numbers can be reused in as short as 30 days.

Also PayPal usually only refunds if they can get their money back. I had a $800 item on eBay I bought that arrived broken and I won the claim and PayPals response was I would get the money only if they got it back. The guy took the money out of PayPal and closed his bank account on file and credit card on file. But that was over 10 years ago. They may be more lenient now.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone thinking we should disclose full contact details to this merry band of crayon eating, swine renting heathenous window lickers, is almost as nuts as I gave y'all credit for.
The Russians and Chineese already have all our personal info. Why not add a bunch of rednecks while were at it? :risas3:

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone thinking we should disclose full contact details to this merry band of crayon eating, swine renting heathenous window lickers, is almost as nuts as I gave y'all credit for.
Pretty Nuts?
e4973eb588b4f4d49544a5394c9d36ca.jpg

BangBang77

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I am not advocating that we disclose our full contact details to the general forum, only to the moderators/staff/admin of the site. And only as a pre-requisite for participating in the buying/selling/trading threads.

But what would really help is if I see something for sale from another member or I am selling something myself, I click on their username and their profile pops-up (just like it does now), and in addition to the existing details, something along the lines of "Trader Rating: 100% Positive, Negative, etc" is readily displayed in the pop-up. If we wanted more in-depth information on the user, we could navigate to their actual profile page (just like we already do) and get the reviews that previous buyers/sellers have left.

upload_2018-11-28_11-26-12.png

The trader rating criteria could be fairly simple:
  1. Did the product arrive as advertised? - Y/N
  2. Was communication clear and quick during the process? - Y/N
  3. Would you trade with this user in the future? - Y/N
  4. How would you rate the overall transaction? Positive/Negative
  5. A text field could be present as well for general comments that would remain on the user's profile page until the trumpets sound.
upload_2018-11-28_11-39-26.png

The rest is a math function that could be programmed into the forum background by someone familiar with coding. If it were PLC or HMI programming, I could handle it, but I am no "coder".

Navigating to an obscure thread or forum section dedicated to a different subject to search for positive or negative trading information about a fellow member could be streamlined with my suggested approach.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not bashing the forum. I like this place a lot and am not trying to step on anyone's toes.

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-28_11-38-36.png
    upload_2018-11-28_11-38-36.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
11:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I was shy about leaving basic info at first. When it came to security I thought I might have something to worry about. The reality ends up being that I probably have more to worry about with my neighbors down the street.

I agree with others about having a moderator handle personal information for all those who use the classified section. I believe uploading a picture of photo ID, to be kept on file only accessible by moderators, will be a good way to ensure sellers not only hold their ends of the deal, but it should also help deter any thoughts of selling known stolen equipment. Not to imply there have been any problems with that, it's just part of the overall idea.

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am not advocating that we disclose our full contact details to the general forum, only to the moderators/staff/admin of the site. And only as a pre-requisite for participating in the buying/selling/trading threads.

But what would really help is if I see something for sale from another member or I am selling something myself, I click on their username and their profile pops-up (just like it does now), and in addition to the existing details, something along the lines of "Trader Rating: 100% Positive, Negative, etc" is readily displayed in the pop-up. If we wanted more in-depth information on the user, we could navigate to their actual profile page (just like we already do) and get the reviews that previous buyers/sellers have left.

View attachment 152152

The trader rating criteria could be fairly simple:
  1. Did the product arrive as advertised? - Y/N
  2. Was communication clear and quick during the process? - Y/N
  3. Would you trade with this user in the future? - Y/N
  4. How would you rate the overall transaction? Positive/Negative
  5. A text field could be present as well for general comments that would remain on the user's profile page until the trumpets sound.
View attachment 152156

The rest is a math function that could be programmed into the forum background by someone familiar with coding. If it were PLC or HMI programming, I could handle it, but I am no "coder".

Navigating to an obscure thread or forum section dedicated to a different subject to search for positive or negative trading information about a fellow member could be streamlined with my suggested approach.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not bashing the forum. I like this place a lot and am not trying to step on anyone's toes.
Good ideas.
Maybe the site admin/moderators can chime in on if they have the extra time for the extra hassle of verifying, policing, administering such a feature? If they are the only ones who are privy to what a member inputs as their contact details does that make them responsible for checking those details before a trader is allowed to trade and also any changes to those details said trader makes? At what point do site admin give those details to an aggrieved party looking for justice and are they then responsible for breaches of privacy, etc? It's quite murky waters for any moderator or site owner to wade into.

New members are not going to have any feedback anyway. Dodgy bastards are soon outed on here anyway.

I think it's buyer/seller beware all the way and leave it up to each member to decide for themselves if someone else is worth trading with.

Last edited: