Ursinykb24, anyone know this dude?

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
1:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any way you slice it, it's a tough deal. I am on both sides of the fence.

Prior to my immersion into the chainsaw world, I was heavily involved in mower racing. There is pretty much only 1 forum for that, but over there, I was the "Old Hand" that gave answers, opinions, got looked to for advice, knew everyone and got to make all the smart comments.

Since coming here, I am the FNG.

Over there, I got to see the new guys coming in and could at times see which ones were going to be total tools.
But, there were the times when someone seemed legit, yet turned out to be a douche nozzle.

Eventually, somebody, sometime has to take a chance with the newb. It's tough.

I had not been here long, and @Stump Shot who first reached out to me with assistance on a kill switch for a J-red. I am grateful that he was willing to do that for me.

Over on the mower forum, it was mandatory that you had your name, location and age filled out in your profile. It wasn't foolproof, and some people still ended up with the shaft, but it did help weed out the scammers to a certain extent.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
2:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Prior to my immersion into the chainsaw world, I was heavily involved in mower racing. There is pretty much only 1 forum for that, but over there, I was the "Old Hand" that gave answers, opinions, got looked to for advice, knew everyone and got to make all the smart comments.

Over there, I got to see the new guys coming in and could at times see which ones were going to be total tools.
But, there were the times when someone seemed legit, yet turned out to be a douche nozzle.

I had not been here long, and @Stump Shot who first reached out to me with assistance on a kill switch for a J-red. I am grateful that he was willing to do that for me.

Over on the mower forum, it was mandatory that you had your name, location and age filled out in your profile. It wasn't foolproof, and some people still ended up with the shaft, but it did help weed out the scammers to a certain extent.

Wisconsin is a big state.

How far are you from Wayland, MI 49348?

Sent from my iPhone using Jon1212 Pro

BangBang77

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hard to confirm. But a good idea. Lots of good ideas here.

100 post minimum to post a sale ad seems pretty good.

Negative Ghostrider.

Post count does not equal quality of character, personality or business ethics.

I offer myself as evidence.

:dancer2:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

And look, you turned out okay. Lol

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Negative Ghostrider.

Post count does not equal quality of character, personality or business ethics.

I offer myself as evidence.

:dancer2:

Probably not...but, it would show a person has some commitment to the forum and has carried on with other members, before trying to make a sale.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Wisconsin is a big state.

How far are you from Wayland, MI 49348?

Sent from my iPhone using Jon1212 Pro
Is that where this twat is from? I'm sure me and a few other members from MI could recover Deets' property.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Idk how anyone selling an item can say "paypal F&F only". The person paying has that say. It's up to the person paying if they want to cover their ass or not. If the seller won't eat the 3% cost then as a buyer you should be willing to eat the 3% or risk the consequences. If the seller wont eat the cost of the insurance I'll just add 4% to the deal and send it. They might get a couple dollars extra if it's a big sale but I get my piece of mind. Choose your destiny. It's a no brainer on the smaller sales, 4% of $150 is $6!!!! My wife blows 3x that a month leaving lights on in the house.
I admit I have stated PP F&F in all my posts and PM's that relate to funds transfer. :(

The very first PP fund transfers I recieved were from members that reached out to me to get them something and they used F&F on their own.
Once I placed for sale ads or quoted a price on something I just went with asking PP F&F because I was familiar with it.

Then again, I imagine that getting paid through PP Goods & Services can backfire for the seller just as painful.
I'd rather not sell anything than get shafted because someone saw an opportunity to get what he wanted for free.
As a side note, at least 90% of all dealing I made were initiated by interested buying parties and I agreed to them generally to help a fellow member rather than making a profit.
In several big transactions I sent copies of the original receipts to the buyers and relied on their good will and generosity regarding the profit margin (which luckily was always good to great, thank You guys).

I think we could use an additional member stat, something in the line of "Transactions" with positive and negative tabs, similar to what eBay has.
Each positive and negative vote must list the member leaving the vote, that way others looking to do business with an individual they are not familiar with can contact via PM whoever left his transaction vote.
A reputable seller would be stimulated to urge his customers to leave their vote as to bolster his reputability.
A buyer would hopefully refrain from false voting considering his vote would be public.
Just a thought, I am not sure if something like this could be implemented to the forum nor whether it would yield the desired results.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I admit I have stated PP F&F in all my posts and PM's that relate to funds transfer. :(

The very first PP fund transfers I recieved were from members that reached out to me to get them something and they used F&F on their own.
Once I placed for sale ads or quoted a price on something I just went with asking PP F&F because I was familiar with it.

Then again, I imagine that getting paid through PP Goods & Services can backfire for the seller just as painful.
I'd rather not sell anything than get shafted because someone saw an opportunity to get what he wanted for free.
As a side note, at least 90% of all dealing I made were initiated by interested buying parties and I agreed to them generally to help a fellow member rather than making a profit.
In several big transactions I sent copies of the original receipts to the buyers and relied on their good will and generosity regarding the profit margin (which luckily was always good to great, thank You guys).

I think we could use an additional member stat, something in the line of "Transactions" with positive and negative tabs, similar to what eBay has.
Each positive and negative vote must list the member leaving the vote, that way others looking to do business with an individual they are not familiar with can contact via PM whoever left his transaction vote.
A reputable seller would be stimulated to urge his customers to leave their vote as to bolster his reputability.
A buyer would hopefully refrain from false voting considering his vote would be public.
Just a thought, I am not sure if something like this could be implemented to the forum nor whether it would yield the desired results.

Good points.

I just remembered that in April of 2017. I sold a turbo400 trans and np205 to a guy. He sent a deposit through PayPal for $100 to hold it. He was supposed to bring cash for the total amount and I was going to refund his paypal. Well he showed up and was short so we said I'd just keep the paypal and not worry about the fee. No biggie it was only like $3. Didn't think anything of it and all was good. Then in September 2017 I got a overdraft on my checking account. I was over drawn by like $40. Took forever to figure it out, but the guy started a claim saying he never got the trans and paypal pulled the $100 out of my account and at the time I only had $60 in the account. They pulled the other $40 out of my checking that was empty because I just paid my property taxes.

Never did get the money back from PayPal for the trans or the overdraft fees.

This thread has brought up my distaste for people and paypal again! hahahahaha

Steven

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good points.

I just remembered that in April of 2017. I sold a turbo400 trans and np205 to a guy. He sent a deposit through PayPal for $100 to hold it. He was supposed to bring cash for the total amount and I was going to refund his paypal. Well he showed up and was short so we said I'd just keep the paypal and not worry about the fee. No biggie it was only like $3. Didn't think anything of it and all was good. Then in September 2017 I got a overdraft on my checking account. I was over drawn by like $40. Took forever to figure it out, but the guy started a claim saying he never got the trans and paypal pulled the $100 out of my account and at the time I only had $60 in the account. They pulled the other $40 out of my checking that was empty because I just paid my property taxes.

Never did get the money back from PayPal for the trans or the overdraft fees.

This thread has brought up my distaste for people and paypal again! hahahahaha

Steven
The guy showing up in person with insufficient funds, kinda of a red flag!

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's amazing the creativity possessed by *s-wordty people looking to rip someone off. Buyers are just as capable of ripping people off as sellers, especially the way PP handles it after hearing some of these stories here.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good idea Angelo.
Just thinking outloud, suppose a scammer gives a fake number or fake info. OR just does not answer the phone?
until he "confirms" his info he can't post. Can't be too hard to e-verify a name to an address. Public records are readily accessible.
my point is if it "cuts down" on the scumbags its better then adding to it.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
7:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As I understand it, yes they refund you. Whether they recover the money to restock their coffers is up to them, but you get a full refund. I could be mistaken though.

PayPal deduct it from there account. I got scammed on ms660. The guy says trade outside eBay,as he did want to pay the selling fees and pay into his girlfriends PayPal. I almost sent it f&f but thought better at the last mo. (I sent it buying goods) edit: and noted in “payment for ms660 chainsaw.
Anyhow long story short, I claimed and PayPal deducted from her account. Supposedly she was another person in the middle of this guy. I felt sorry for her. But not that sorry to, say don’t worry let me lose the money instead of you (she stated she’d just had a baby), I had the email her PayPal account was linked to. And asked her why her boyfriend was messing me around and had not sent the saw. Then it all came out...

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How about a "separate " registration for the "classified" section. In order to purchase or sell you need some additional info. Like address and cell ph #. Most of us already have that info on our "friends" but the new guys are the challenge. Usually if someone is a "stand up" they don't mind releasing info. It's usually the shady mcgrady guys that do.

I don`t know if you all remember me stating over on the other site,AS, that you shouldn`t deal with any member who will not reveal their real name, also add what Angelo posted above, location and home address. I would not close a deal unless I got the sellers phone number before I sent funds, that way I can call the seller to see if its really his or her real phone number.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good points.

I just remembered that in April of 2017. I sold a turbo400 trans and np205 to a guy. He sent a deposit through PayPal for $100 to hold it. He was supposed to bring cash for the total amount and I was going to refund his paypal. Well he showed up and was short so we said I'd just keep the paypal and not worry about the fee. No biggie it was only like $3. Didn't think anything of it and all was good. Then in September 2017 I got a overdraft on my checking account. I was over drawn by like $40. Took forever to figure it out, but the guy started a claim saying he never got the trans

I cant believe PayPal would even mess with it after 180 days.

I don`t know if you all remember me stating over on the other site,AS, that you shouldn`t deal with any member who will not reveal their real name, also add what Angelo posted above, location and home address. I would not close a deal unless I got the sellers phone number before I sent funds, that way I can call the seller to see if its really his or her real phone number.

I hear ya a good phone call can go along ways.